Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Last bit of SS advice…maybe (again, warning, contains really basic stuff)
  • 154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Inbred SS 29er build.
    Starting to choose bits.

Next and final big question….wheels?

Suggestions, ideas, things to look for, avoid etc…?

Cheers in advance…oh and cheap is good

tommid
    Free Member

I’ve always used Surly hubs and White Industries freewheels, but as much as I love them, I think I would go with a set of Hope Pro 2 SS hubs (or similar) as it makes sprocket changing easier and means that you don’t have to replace bearings and service your freewheel every six months. Or just pick up a standard set of wheels and go with a colourful velo solo spacing kit and a surly sprocket.

tazzymtb

avoid shitmano xt 29er wheel sets, i’ve seen a couple of rears eat themselves if glorious and terminal ways. (maybe why they are appearing now and then as Sale options on various websites)

WI freewheels are ace mine has been going for years with only one bearing change, cost about a tenner. I went through loads of cheap ones every few months with cannock and peak district gritty stuff.

easiest option, find some nice second hand ones for a good price. No point going mad on stuff and then discovering you hate 29er singlespeeds. 😀

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Cheers folks

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Cheap On One wheels

Plus spacers and cog? Cheap if nothing else….

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Not so cheap it seems? Sure I had an email saying they were on offer…

fr0sty
    Free Member
    154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Apologies for the ‘bump’, but anyone bought On One wheels?

I know they divide opinion almost as much as the ‘filing cabinets’ but wondered if anyone had experience of their current 29er wheels (or 26 equivalents)? On offer so any advice most welcome…

Cheers

Matt

FuzzyWuzzy

No but I’m tempted by the Sun rim ones they have on offer atm, £93 inc. the 29er voucher code

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Bump on the On One 29er wheels?

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

One last go 😉

Anyone got On One wheels? Thoughts?

Big discounts at the moment, reason for that or bargain?

Cheers

Matt

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Last bit of SS advice…maybe (again, warning, contains really basic stuff)’ is closed to new replies.