Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Last bar and stem post – honest! poll of sorts content
  • ljs1977
    Free Member

Options for trail and peak riding.

1) Renthal Fat Bar and Duo Stem
    2) Sunline V1 stem and bar
    3) Easton Haven bar and stem
    4) Easton Havock bar and stem (is this DH only)

Thank you and sorry for the numerous posts in advance

rob-jackson
    Free Member

easton havoc bar and stem FTW

Baldysquirt

sunline v1 bars are excellent – would buy them every time now. Stems are stems; as long as they’re pretty stiff and the right length, it’s just what you think looks best.

LoCo
    Free Member

Renthal bars, because the sweep and lift is just right 😀 and they’re that crazy greeny goldy colour

ljs1977
    Free Member

Loco, 20mm rise?

LoCo
    Free Member

No mine are 10mm (I think by the look of them) run with a very low stem

alfabus
    Free Member

easton haven carbon and thomson x4

end of thread.

honourablegeorge

LoCo – Member
    Renthal bars, because the sweep and lift is just right and they’re that crazy greeny goldy colour

Colour is one reason I wouldn’t have the Renthals, that and the naff logos.

Havocs for me, ta.

LoCo
    Free Member

LoCo – Member
    Renthal bars, because the sweep and lift is just right and they’re that crazy greeny goldy colour

That should have had an ironic 😉 at the end as not fussed about colour or decals just that they work, which the Fatbar does admirably for me compared to the the other two which I’ve also had and they just weren’t quite ‘right’ personal choice though 😉 (non ironic wink) 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Any of those would do fine I am sure

hilton83
    Free Member

Im running carbon haven bars with the havoc stem,

Northwind

Carbon havens are, IMO, pretty much the Ultimate Bar. Good width, very good weight, and as strong as the old Monkeylite DH. Which was fall-off-the-back-of-a-fort-william-gondola-and-bounce strong.

Stems you don’t need to agonise over, pick a pretty one. No reason to spend much. Wouldn’t choose any of the ones you list myself, Gusset Staff or Pro FRS are my 2 of choice- light, strong, cheap.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Last bar and stem post – honest! poll of sorts content’ is closed to new replies.