Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Last and First Men
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

To get away from the politics meltdown of yesterday I had an evening bike ride, sausages and beans, some potato vodka and watched ‘Last and First Men”.
    The only actress is Tilda Swinton reading Jóhann Jóhannsson’s monologue based on Olaf Stapledon’s novella.
    The soundtrack is obviously by Jóhann Jóhannsson and the images are silent slow, grainy and B&W shots of what look like all the spomenik I have ever seen.
    A very slow film that feels shorter than its 70 minutes and worth a watch if you like cinema verging on the experimental.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8015444/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2

hols2
    Free Member

The only actress is Tilda Swinton … A very slow film … cinema verging on the experimental.

Thanks for the warning.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My pleasure.
    My excuse for seeing it is the poster didn’t have a “No tits or guns” warning on it.
    I’ll know next time. 🙂

supernova

Great book. Where did you watch the film?

maccruiskeen

I used to work in Fine Art transport. Not long after The Maybe at the Serpenitine we received a crate travelling from London to the north of  Scotland that was about the size a and shape of a telephone box and – unusually for art crates the are usually sealed –  had ventilation holes drilled around the top.

It was in our store for a few days and we’d routinely offer it a cup of tea.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Great book. Where did you watch the film?

Available via the usual “alternative” download sites. Apparantly.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Last and First Men’ is closed to new replies.