Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • larger grips for the big handed man?
  • escrs
    Free Member

Need some new grips for my enduro bike, normally run ODI longnecks (been using these for 30+ years on the BMX) have also run DMR dethgrips in the past, fancy something a bit larger to try

I favour a soft grip and have hands that can just squeeze into XXL gloves

Looking for some soft grips which are larger than std, also must be open ended (i run a stash tool in my bars) must be lock on grips or ones that can be fitted with spray glue (no foam grips)

Wibble89
    Free Member

In the normal spirit of recommend what you use…

If ODI has been your historic go to then could try ODI rogue?

whatgoesup

There was a thread on this very topic a few weeks back, I had a search but couldn’t find it – m if anyone has a link could they pop in a post here?

bigblackshed

Oury.

hijodeputa
    Free Member

Deity supracush, thickest, softest grips I’ve tried. Love them

Shackleton

Sensus meaty paws are the only grip that I have found that is both lock on and fat enough for my hands (similarly xxl/xxxl gloves). Grippy material but you need to cut out the ends if you want to for things in the end (easy to do).

tetrode
    Free Member

Deity supracush, thickest, softest grips I’ve tried. Love them

This is the one true answer. Amazing grips, shame they’re so hard to find in stock!

hatter

ODI dreadlocks, big, grippy and very squishy

colp

I’m loving Ergon GA2 Fat

andyp79
    Free Member

“Deity supracush, thickest, softest grips I’ve tried. Love them“

Same here.

I have XL sized hands (glove size 10, I think) and these are awesome grips for me. Soft and thicker diameter than most. Recommended.

escrs
    Free Member

Cheers for all the replies

Looking at all those grips and the biggest is only 33mm OD, my old Dethgrips were 31.3mm OD

Really looking for grips with an OD of 35mm+

mmannerr

Wolftooth components have some options, their Mega model has 40mm OD and Fat model is 36mm.
    Mega Fat Paw Grips

Edit. Now saw that OP speficies no foam grips and lock-ons so this suggestion is not fitting. Race Face might have had thick lock-ons?

As a fellow xxl glove user the biggest I could find was the sensus Meaty paw at 35mm. Loved them but they don’t last long. Unfortunately if you’re looking for bigger than that I have only found the foam type (Wolftooth).

RustyNissanPrairie

Size 11 coal shovels here – I’ve always run XL BMX style Longnecks.

fooman

XLC GR-S04 comfy for my XL hands, cheap and last ages.

scaredypants

never used them, but DAYYUM, if meatypaws ain’t my favourites

phil5556

I tried Deity Knuckledusters – they were on a bike I hired and liked them, so bought myself some.

But actually I ended up finding them too big so removed them after a couple of rides and they’re sitting on the shelf. Think they’re 32mm

Shackleton

Meaty paws are the only ones I know of that are lock on and >35mm (and actually measure up as that).

escrs
    Free Member

Meaty paws look to fit the bill apart from the end cap is integrated which means i wont be able to run my Granite tubeless stash tool

Uberbike Fatgrips.

35mm diameter with medium density. 150mm long.

Works for me and my large paws!

singlespeedstu

means i wont be able to run my Granite tubeless stash tool

Depending what crank you have you may be able to put it in there.
    If not just cut the end off the grip.
    I use both solutions on different bikes.

escrs
    Free Member

Depending what crank you have you may be able to put it in there.

Its a E-MTB so no chance of storing it in the crank axle

Will take a more closer look at the Uberbike Fatgrips

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I tried big grips and didn’t get on with them. Went back to supercaz silicone grips. The other thing that kinda worked (they gave me blisters as I tend to hold the ends of the bars where ethe clamp is, but were otherwise comfy) is ergon grips. More hand area but without the massive size of the upberbikes.

Will take a more closer look at the Uberbike Fatgrips

I’ve got a set you can have for the postage if you want to give them a try.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.