• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by SiB.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • large helmets 61+ ?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Looking for first road helmet. Big bloke Big head, soft heart!

A lot of helmets stop at 62cm. I need more. We not all 5ft 10 inches with 2.3 children and an Audi with small back garden.

scotroutes

MET do some, including the Testagrossa (big head)

peteimpreza

Specialized and Giro go to 63cm.

honourablegeorge

Giro

Bregante

I tried a large specialized propero on my amply sized noggin today. Pretty sure it was labelled 60-63. It was bloody enormous.

davewalsh
    Free Member

63cm noggin here, have a Giro Xar and Remedy, both large, both fit very well 🙂

jacob46
    Free Member

Brilliant helmets, tried one yesterday. If I don’t find anything else that’s the one I’m having.
    When I tried it there was a niggly irritation on top but would come home and wear it for an hour first. For the money in my opinion are the best.

packer
    Free Member

Giro +1

chrisdw
    Free Member

bigshep
    Free Member

For a road helmet I use a Specialized S3 which go up to around 63cm.
    For mtb use a Bell Super which is at least as big.
    The spesh can be had for half price once in a while when they do their helmet amnesty things.
    HTH

devash
    Free Member

I have a barely used (2 rides old) Giro Phase up for sale if you are looking for something cheap? It’s more of a trail helmet though. Size 59-63 but way too big for me at 60 inches.

Always gone with Giro helmets in the past but their sizing is pretty whacko at the moment.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Size 59-63 but way too big for me at 60 inches.

Always gone with Giro helmets in the past but their sizing is pretty whacko at the moment.

Reading that I would suggest that your sizing is a bit whacko too 😀

A 5 foot head wow .

devash
    Free Member

Haha good spot. I meant 60cm

robdob
    Free Member

Big head here too – Giro seem to be the best for me as they are comfortable when set at their largest. I think they look better than Spesh helmets on big heads too, sit “around” your head rather than perched on top which makes your head look even bigger!!

SiB
    Free Member

I was ‘forced’ to buy the boardman carbony one the other month, XL in all other makes of lids but got a Large in the boardman and fits fine. Plus its the only helmet i’ve worn that doesnt make my head look huge, bonus!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘large helmets 61+ ?’ is closed to new replies.