Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Large Bird AM9 with 170mm dropper…
  • theonetruelord
    Free Member

Hi,

Can’t seem to find this info anywhere. I’m considering getting a bird AM9 with one of their own brand 170mm droppers. Does anyone know if you can run the post fully inserted, and if not approximately how much is left sticking out?

Thanks to anybody that can help!

Poopscoop

Hello there and welcome to the forum mate.

I don’t own an AM9 so can’t help directly I’m afraid.
    That said looking at pics, the seat tube goes down pretty far before it kinks so I reckon there is a good chance you can insert the dropper fully.

If no one can help you on here with a definite answer later today, I’d try emailing/calling Bird and seeing what they say?

Nice choice of bike by the way.👍

joebristol

I’ve got a Medium Long Aeris 145 and a 180mmn Oneup Dropper and it goes all the way in up to the collar. That’s got a 440mm seat tube and it just fits so the cable goes in through the port at the bottom and connects to the post. I’d imagine the large AM9 probably has the same size or longer seat tube. Bird dropper might be a little longer than the Oneup though.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I have a ML with the Oneup 210 dropper and it’s close to fully inserted but not quite. Join the owners group on FB and they’ll soon reply, or email Bird direct.

I think the Brand-x which may be the same as the Bird Post is about 270 insertion (vs 297 on the Oneup) but you would need to check that.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

I’ve got a ML AM9 i bought the Bird 200mm without thinking. It sits about 30mm proud on the ML frame. Emailed Ben yesterday he confirmed that the Bird 170mm dropper will go flush into a ML frame so in a Large frame you should be fine with a 170mm.

Droper

bird AM9

johnny

I have a large AM9, and I run it with a 170mm stealth reverb. I’ve got a 33” inside leg, and the dropper sticks out about an inch and a half, but could go all the way down if I needed.

theonetruelord
    Free Member

Cheers all

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Large Bird AM9 with 170mm dropper…’ is closed to new replies.