Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Large 4×4 reversing over my bike
  • jonridley
    Free Member

For anyone interested:

The insurer ruled that the driver was at fault on the basis that he reversed into a stationary object that was not directly behind his car.

I was asked to supply two independent quotes and gave details of the original spec of the bike. If I could not supply two quotes I was told that the insurer would ‘assess the cost’ themselves using the internet.

The back end and frame were written off and I have received a cheque minus depreciation for the damages.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Good news. However, I’d challenge the “depreciation” unless the insurance company can value one in the depreciated condition. It’s not like second hand cars.

chip
    Free Member

Result, when you get your bike fixed if not already .
    Try and look after it this time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Fantastic news.

Something nice in the sales……

Merry Christmas! 🙂

myheadsashed

I’ve done it twice – doesn’t say much for my driving………….. 😳

variflex
    Free Member

Well done. Definitely question the depreciation on the parts. As for all the stupid comments on here from others stating its 50:50, your fault etc just shows you the lack of understanding around insurance claims and what is pretty much black and white or perhaps how many teens and trolls spend all day on STW. Oh that and IT peeps driving audi’s and riding Orange 5’s…sorry couldn’t resist that one.

MoreCashThanDash

If you were happy with the settlement, sounds like you got a sensible and just outcome.

Insurers in “doing ok for once” shocker

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Large 4×4 reversing over my bike’ is closed to new replies.