Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Laptop Battery Replacement – but from where?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

I need to get a new battery for a Toshiba laptop – the current one has fallen off a cliff performance-wise to the extent it’s basically unusable.

It’s a total minefield trying to find one – does anyone have any suggestions of either decent and good value place to get a genuine Toshiba replacement, or alternatively any real recommendation of an aftermarket alternative – I don’t particularly want to burn the house down, and I’ve got no idea which if any of the options are even vaguely safe / economically sensible.

Any input appreciated!

summitchilterns
    Free Member

PSA Parts – just google them, think they are based in SW London, I used to work for an IT distributor and we sold their original batteries and the OEM one’s. Unless you will affect the manufacturer warranty I’d go for the OEM one as you will save quite a bit of cash and it seems they are mostly made in the same factory anyway! 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

Cheers, they have a couple of options for my laptop so sounds positive – can you promise I’m not going to burn the house down? 😀

summitchilterns
    Free Member

😀 we used to sell the OEM one’s to all of the big reseller’s and their corporate customer’s bought the OEM one’s too, I never heard of any “issues”!! 😀 Maybe if you are concerned and it’s a small price difference go for the original one…

all the best.

nedrapier

I was about to ask the same, Cheers! Used to use New Trent. Not been able to find them recently, though.

OEM battery and adapter comes to £96 inc delivery though! ouch.

theflatboy
    Free Member

sc – Nice one, I can’t find an original one anywhere anyway, so I’m going to take your word for it… Cheers 8)

ned – no worries 🙂

summitchilterns
    Free Member

You are welcome… I need a new one for my Mac Book as it happens, it’s on 1300 cycles which I believe is quite a lot!….

Cougar

There’s nothing inherently wrong with third party batteries. However, you really need to avoid the bargain basement Far East knock-off outings, they tend to be a bit explody.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Laptop Battery Replacement – but from where?’ is closed to new replies.