Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Laptop batteries
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Whenever I’ve bought third party batteries for things, they’ve turned out awful.

Where on earth do you find batteries in which you can have confidence? It’s an HP, but HP’s website is a mess and I can’t find bugger all.

cranberry
    Free Member

Have you thought of taking the original battery out of the laptop and typing the part number into Google ?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I know it’s a risk like, but I’ve always had decent third party batteries for cameras and such. PowerMart seem to have been ok for me, no idea if they do laptop batteries tho

molgrips
    Free Member

Have you thought of taking the original battery out of the laptop and typing the part number into Google ?

When you did this, did it tell you which batteries were good quality and which weren’t?

Banana.. I bought a third party camera battery recently for 40 euros from a prestigious city centre camera shop and it was absolutely terrible. Lasted a few dozen shots as opposed to a few hundred with the OEM one.

cranberry
    Free Member

Whenever I’ve bought third party batteries for things, they’ve turned out awful.

Then buy genuine batteries – I figured they were what you were looking for on the HP website ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Then buy genuine batteries – I figured they were what you were looking for on the HP website ?

Obviously I did think of that, but HP are saying they don’t have them in stock.. which is a rather strange thing for the manufacturer to say.

I wanted to know if anyone knew of a place that you could rely on to supply decent batteries and not rubbish.

I posted this last night – today I think I am going to call HP.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I got a 7200mAh from okbatts and it’s great. I get around 5 hours on my HP laptop. It’s a UK company but the batteries come from Singapore so it took about a week, but cheap and good.

Solo
    Free Member

Probably not up your street.

But if you can get the case open. Don’t actually open it.

Just ask Smudge if he will replace the cells.
    He uses quality cells.

Not seen you on the forum lately.

Has LilGrips II arrived yet ?.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d be more than happy to open it up and replace the cells.

Praps I will talk to smudge.

Boris – ta, will check it out. How long have you had the battery?

Trekster

very timely thread, need one for my Del
    £26 from the link Boris has posted. Cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Laptop batteries’ is closed to new replies.