Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Laptop advice
  • sssimon
    Free Member

Hi

Computer equipment is a bit of a mystery to me, need to buy a new laptop for kids school stuff and to run my eBay stuff off. Son is 10 so will want to run Minecraft etc too. Also need to run some mapping software for orienteering events.

Been advised they we should get a 14 or 15 inch with i5 processor, 8gb of ram and a 256gb ssd. Does this sound sensible and where can I get a bargain?

Cheers

Simon

johnnystorm

Have a look on Hotukdeals and set an alert for laptops.

Do you work for a company with a partner rewards scheme? We get decent amounts off Lenovo and HP for example.

If most of what you want to do can be done in the browser then consider a chromebook. They perform much better with comparably lower specs.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Lenovo are running good deals this weekend and newsletter gets a bit more off (not quite 10% when combined with other offers)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamze

Spec sounds very sensible. If you’re not too fussed about it being lightweight and fashionable, search Amazon for ‘Amazon Renewed’ Lenovo ThinkPads. £350 to £400. I like them ‘cos they’re pretty indestructible and you can add memory/storage cheaply later if you need to.

andy4d

^^^this

i got a refurbished t450 8gb 256 ssd for £270 at start of year off eBay ( laptopandpcwarehouse.ie) Great laptop IMO. Prices do seem to of crept up and choice gone down during lock down though, all the working from home and home schooling I guess.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Laptop advice’ is closed to new replies.