Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Lapierre/Zesty/Spice owners/ex-owners
  • vinnyeh

I bought a Zesty 414 frame, 2013 vintage for my son a while back. It seems to have come when new with parts for both 142×12 and qr, but this frame had the parts for qr only. We’ve somehow lost the nut for the qr, and I can’t remember what it looked like, or whether it was alloy or steel- it doesn’t really feel like its being clamped correctly with an alloy one.
    Does anybody know what the original nut looked like, or better still have a spare set of parts to either run it as 142×12, or even a spare qr setup with the assorted spacers they came with.
    It seems that the 12mm axle is an odd size and no longer obtainable.

soundb0y
    Free Member

Not sure if I’m following exactly what you’re asking but here’s what the qrs screw into on my 2013 zesty 714

https://postimg.cc/gallery/HjS0bcP

vinnyeh

Thanks for that. The 724 is carbon? And you have the 12mm axle on the rear? Is the metal insert that is threaded bonded to the carbon of the stay, or does it just sit in there?
    Mine is a bit different, there’s no threads to screw a 12mm axle in, so I guess there must be a replaceable nut/insert when 12mm is used, which I don’t have. Instead, theres a stepdown insert sitting in the chainstay on the non-drive side, to space the hole down from 12mm to 5mm, for a conventional qr, and on the drive side the mech hanger is machined to perform the same task. On the outside of the chainstay there’s a recess to hold a threaded nut, presumably either 5mm or 12mm inside diameter depending on the axle being used. I’ve lost that nut, which is for 5mm, and am after either a replacement, or the whole assembly to run it with a 12mm axle, which must use a different mech hanger.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre/Zesty/Spice owners/ex-owners’ is closed to new replies.