Lapierre zesty cable routing.

Home Forum Bike Forum Lapierre zesty cable routing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lapierre zesty cable routing.
  • What a load of kack that is!
    How the hell are you ment to stop cable rub.
    Anyone tried routing through the forks?

Bucko

Which cable? I don’t seem to have any problem with cable rub on my 2011. I’ve converted to 1×10 and run a Reverb through the guides instead

foxyrider

How’s it going Bucko? – long time no see 🙂

It’s a 2012 with the routing up the side.
    It came with the right hand shifter on the left side of the head tube and the left shifter/left brake under the down tube rubbing on the underside,head tube and the top of the forks.
    No wonder they have gone internal for 2013.

meribelmtb

Bucko, I’ve got a 2010 Zesty with routing under the downtube. Does your Reverb cable stretch far enough to go down the seattube, up the downtube & to the bars then?

Bucko

Sonofapitch – I have no idea how the 2011 and the 2012 bikes compare so I’m afraid I’m not much help.

Meribelmtb – Yes. I have a right reverb mounted upside down on the left. The cable runs down the downtube in place of the old front shifter cable but misses he bottom X bracket and then goes up the seat tube. It’s a perfect fit for me on my medium with no hose cutting or bleeding required. I’m 5ft 9 (175cm)

Foxyrider – Hello mate, it has been a long time. I noticed your JOGLE for community first responders in the local paper, nice one!

foxyrider

Cheers Bucko – LOL yeah – a fair bit of training thus very little time for social riding 🙁

You won’t get rubbing if the cables are the right length. It also works loads better if you route the rear mech cable around the headtube and then through the shock mount and then along the top of the chainstay. Another trick is using 3 cable ties. One around the bottom of the head tube, and the 2 others either side of it, holding the cables and held on by the cable tie around the head tube.

meribelmtb

Cheers Bucko I’ll try that. I’ve got a spare slot on the X bolts as I run a 1 x 9 so that should work.

meribelmtb

Follow up, just routed the cable on the downtube. It’s perfect, thanks for the info.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre zesty cable routing.’ is closed to new replies.