Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lapierre Zesty 714 (2010) – long-term impressions?
  • dang100
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’m considering buying a second hand Zesty 714 (the carbon one). Does anyone have one and is there anything I should look out for? Do the frames break? etc etc

Cheers,

Dan

therag
    Free Member

There has been a few cracked frames, chain stay theads, all replaced under warranty.
    They seem to go through Bottom bracket & bearings quite often.
    But a very good bike imo
    Just give it a good look over for cracks

honourablegeorge

There were some cracked BB shells, and cracked chainstays, but most of those were manufacturing defects that occurred early in the bike’s life.

Lapierre have a five year warranty on the entire frame (not just the front triangle like some brads), and warranty service nowadays is excellent.

The Shimano BB that comes on the biek is a very cheap one, and water getting in at the seat collar and collecting at the bottom of the tube shortens the life of it – empty out any water after washes/wet rides, fit a decent quality BB, and it’s all good – I’ve replaced one BB in over two years on my Spicy.

rewski
    Free Member

Can’t really add anymore than above, my 2010 514 is going strong, the 514 only as the carbon rear though, BB and bearings all going strong, it’s a very comfortable all rounder, loves going down and up, I spent 12 hours on it the other week.

Check out Lapierre’s Owners Club.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d probably be a bit wary of a 2010 one unless it was very cheap as you have no warranty. That said my 09 314 is still going strong, on it’s original bearings and only it’s second BB…

dang100
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments, all. So I’ll check it round the BB and be ready to replace the BB.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Zesty 714 (2010) – long-term impressions?’ is closed to new replies.