Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lapierre Zesty 514
  • beerbelly
    Free Member

Thinking of swapping my nomad for one of these nomad weighs in at 33Lbs and is to heavy for all day rides in the peaks wales etc

Anyone got a zesty & do you rate it ?

gamo
    Free Member

My brother has a 2010 314(wanted alloy rear end) and loves it,
    had a couple of shots and it seems to ride well!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Have 714, awsome fast up and down light and very efficient. Great trail bike. Dont think you can go wrong with a Zesty for all day big rides, trail center rides etc. Bike mags seem to agree. Spend most of my weekends Afan, Cmn carn Quantocks Forest Dean etc. Mine weighs 26lbs – so you would be shedding 9lbs – phew and I suspect the Zesty has a sharper head angle so is an easier bike to throw around the trails.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

I demo-ed a 514 and it blew me away. Fast, light and very playful.

My new upgraded 214 is a bit heavier (alu rear end) but doesn't feel it when riding because the suspension is so responsive.

Did the W2 at Afan on Sunday and was great, especially when my legs started to tire towards the end, but I'm looking forward to riding it somewhere properly rocky.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Had a brief demo on a 314, felt like the b****** offspring of a DH bike and a BMX. Slack and low like a DH bike, light and chuckable like a BMX.

Prices of full sussers are eyewatering though! The 314 looks good, but I'd be expecting a light, stiff, well damped fork on a £1800 bike, not a 140mm QR fork! If it had been bolt up I'd have had a serious look down the back of the sofa if any were left in the sales.

EDIT: the 314 is £2150! Thats just insane for that price I'd expect a nigh on perfect build, not something I could pick imediate fault with.

beerbelly
    Free Member

Is the 714 the carbon model ?
    The nomad is a great descender but up hill it's a pig

Timmo
    Free Member

714 is full carbon and Very nice! one in the lbs last week! Stunning!
    514 is a very nice looking bike, good kit levels and light for what it is imo. Looks good in white too! carbon rear end, very nice! shame i dont have the money for a 214 let alone a 514 loL!

chakaping
    Free Member

Spoony – Very true re. QR fork, but I expect many shops would upgrade to a better fork FOC. I was certainly offered a good deal along those lines.

The 514 is much better value though IMO, even if it is quite pricey.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yep full carbon 😉 Always liked the look of the Nomad but too much bike for my riding. I havent changed anything since buying it except tyres ofc 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Zesty 514’ is closed to new replies.