Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lapierre Gone Silent with warranty claim?????
  • paulthearcher
    Free Member

Hi, I cracked my zesty 2012 714 frame (only 3 months old) 2.5 weeks ago and still heard nothing back from lbs who in turn have heard nothing back from Lapierre. I was always under the impression from forums that Lapierre where/are speedy with warranty issue and normally very good with communication and the like. This is one reason i went with the Zesty. Anybody else struggling for answers from Lapierre.

wwaswas

They’re all on holiday/watching the tour. Expect an answer in September.

More seriously, it’s not good to be left waiting but I expect you are running into the French holiday season now 🙁

scotroutes

Hotlines won’t all be on holiday though. They should be chasing it.

cooie

Took a while when my ’09 cracked. Had to chase it up a few times with bike shop.

maxtorque

Keep chasing them! They’ll get round to it eventually!

theflatboy
    Free Member

Sale of Goods Act claim with retailer – item less than 6 months old, presumption that item wasn’t fit for purpose / satisfactory quality / sufficiently durable at time of purchase.

Probably gone bust with all the warranty claims 😉

Disclaimer – I’m joking/speculating/base my random comment on no fact, so French lawyers go away. ..

mokl
    Free Member

Sure they’ll get around to it. Don’t say “not fit for purpose” though if you have to turn up the pressure. That wouldn’t apply here.

jimmon2008
    Free Member

Believe it or not hotlines only have 1 person in the warranty dept, I and 2 of my pals all have recently had warranty replacements and they’ve all only took a couple of weeks in total. I would guess it may just be the bike shop dragging their feet. Just say ur calling hotlines direct, that should gee them up

Northwind

Are you completely sure it’s Hotlines not the shop? Mate of mine thought he was getting the runaround from Fishers, they’d had his forks for a fortnight according to the shop, so he phoned them up direct and they said “What forks?”, went back to shop and they were still there gathering dust…

taxi25
    Free Member

Had to wait ages for a swinging arm for my x-control. They didn’t have one and I had to wait until “week 48” before they were going to do a production run to make some. No amount of screaming or moaning to the retailer was going to change that !! Came through in the end so can’t complain really.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Sent a photo of a cracked 720dh swingarm on friday……new one turned up today.
    Is likely to be lbs being cack.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Gone Silent with warranty claim?????’ is closed to new replies.