Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Langstrath to Angle Tarn – choices
  • scuttler

Hi,

I’m planning a route up Langstrath to Angle Tarn then onto Styhead and wondered which is the best (least worst) way up Langstrath. As I understand it the left bank (right looking up the beck) is best past Black Moss Pot and up to the bridge where the bridleway goes up and over Stakes Pass. From this footbridge is it best to take said Stakes BW then the highest line possible over Black Crags/Rossett Crags to avoid damp sections [ORANGE LINE] or to carry on the FP up Allencrags Gill and then up Angletarn Gill [PINK LINE]. Happy to hike.

scuttler

Or if I could be arsed reading to the end of the huge line of open tabs from a google search…

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/lakes-route-help-big-b-bash/

thekettle
    Free Member

Orange line is best. Or more specifically, the black dotted line just West of it that contours around Rossett Pike saving about 150m of unrewarding height gain. Going up Allen Crags Gill would be a truly arduous carry/push in comparison.

lion
    Free Member

Yep right hand side up the valley then follow the orange line on your map. Great day out

bullroar
    Free Member

Orange line up Stake Pass but carry onto the pile of stones and take the good path (at least to start) heading west from there. As said above skips the pointless height gain.

I once rode down the pink route, good track to start with peters out and was a tiresome shove till the valley widened and I picked up the path again.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The green dotted path from ‘pile of stones’. It peters out now and again, but is fine.

scuttler

Thanks y’all.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I was up there a while ago, the orange line is the one i took, its pretty vague as i remember but fairly obvious which way to head. The bit between the tarns and heading towards Sty head is pretty good. Down from sty head to stockley bridge also decent but not always a decent line between big boulders gets nice at the bottom down to the bridge again.
    Iv also done it in the reverse and down Rossett Gil, then back up and over stake pass, I wouldnt bother going that way again!

Heres how it looks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Langstrath to Angle Tarn – choices’ is closed to new replies.