Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Landis ruling
  • Woody
    Free Member

I just found this extremely funny the further you read 😀 From HERE

The ruling by the court in Vevey orders Landis to publish the verdict at his own expense in the Wall St Journal, L’Equipe, Le Temps, NYVelocity.com, cyclingnews.com, Velonation.com, Velonews.com and De Volksrant. It also goes into great detail to spell out exactly what Landis must not say in future; the ruling “forbids Floyd Landis to state that the Union Cycliste Internationale, Patrick (Pat) McQuaid and/or Henricus (Hein) Verbruggen have concealed cases of doping, received money for doing so, have accepted money from Lance Armstrong to conceal a doping case, have protected certain racing cyclists, concealed cases of doping, have engaged in manipulation, particularly of tests and races, have hesitated and delayed publishing the results of a positive test on Alberto Contador, have accepted bribes, are corrupt, are terrorists, have no regard for the rules, load the dice, are fools, do not have a genuine desire to restore discipline to cycling, are full of shit, are clowns, their words are worthless, are liars, are no different to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, or to make any similar other allegations of that kind.”

aracer
    Free Member

I wonder why the UCI et al didn’t take up a defamation case against Landis in some jurisdiction which actually has power over him?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Great link
    😀 😀 😀

rkk01
    Free Member

Not funny – depressing

Same court that will hear the Kimmage case

piemonster

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/landis-never-contacted-to-defend-against-uci-defamation-suit

Apparently.

Worth remembering that Kimmage publicly acknowledges his case and has had (also apparently) some 27k in donations.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Goes into quite some details that.

I read it yesterday and giggled too, but quite odd to go into such detail in the clauses.. s’pecially when it’s just someones point of view like..

Can’t say I’m a huge fan of the UCI.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

The Kimmage defence fund is at $53,000 and rising.

Paul Kimmage Defense Fund

julianwilson
    Free Member

If Landis actually does pay out to publish the verdict in the press, is he also allowed to publish the awesomely funny list of things he is “not allowed” to say any more? 😆

konabunny
    Free Member

I wonder why the UCI et al didn’t take up a defamation case against Landis in some jurisdiction which actually has power over him?

I would assume that court was chosen because it’s the court local to the UCI.

Are we sure that it’s not just a hoax?

aracer
    Free Member

I would assume that court was chosen because it’s the court local to the UCI.

Yes, that must be it.

beej

I read one theory that the judge including in the ruling all the things Landis isn’t allowed to say, was because he saw the whole case as a petty waste of time – like dealing with a squabbling 5 year old.

UCI: “Nasty Floyd called me a poo head! Tell him off!”

Judge: “Floyd, stop calling the UCI a poo head” (weary sigh)

piemonster

Former WADA president had this to say to Velonews

VN: Is that how you see this: that it is primarily about keeping a journalist(Kimmage, but you get the jist of the behavior) quiet who is outspoken about the UCI and doping?

RP: Yes, and that is exactly what led to Verbruggen and the UCI instituting proceedings against me. They use a small court very close to their headquarters in Switzerland which causes maximum inconvenience and expense to the person that they are suing.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12997/Richard-Pound-Interview-The-Kimmage-case-Armstrong-the-governance-of-cycling-and-more.aspx#ixzz28beegEGB

konabunny
    Free Member

Has Landis ever signed a contract which e.g. Gave exclusive jurisdiction to the Vaud courts to hear disputes arising out of the contract?

Every court is going to be distant from someone if two people are in different countries, no?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Landis ruling’ is closed to new replies.