Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 2,190 total)
  • Lance, latest have we done it yet.
  • nicko74

It didn’t really look like he did a great job on the TTs in 2010. 2011 he improved but still got smashed by Cadel.

He was only 30s slower than Contador on the penultimate TT in the 2010 Tour, when he’d been expected to be a couple of minutes down. It stood out in particular because of all the chat about ‘he hasn’t got the body shape for it’ and suchlike. That’s when alarm bells started ringing in my head, at least

piemonster

Not really sure you want a photo of a pie after it’s been eaten.

There is still time though, haven’t had my first caffeine kick start yet!?

Nobby

Payback time.

Just heard on BBC News that UCI have confirmed there will be no ‘winner’ of the TdF from ’99 to ’05.

piemonster

Armstrong has also been asked to return $7.5m in bonuses to Texas insurance company SCA Promotions.

Well, that’s that started (from Nobbys link)

Nobby

It also says that the rules dictate he must pay back the £2.4m TdF prize money he won which would, normally, be shared with team mates. I wonder whether he’d have the balls to ask then for it? :-/

bikebouy
    Free Member

54 pages..

Well done lads.

I’m happy that LA’s been stripped of his TdF Wins, happy he’s been asked to return prize money, happy that (some of) his sponsors are asking for prize money returns.

I still think a closed year of any ProTour races would do the sport a great deal of good. No Races, nothing, Then in 2014 start over, let the BioPassports continue for all those that want to compete/train in rediness for the forthcoming seeason, just take a year off.

I know this will damage YoungUn’s starting out in ProTour but the sport needs to clear itself of not only all the Drug fiasco, but clense the Management too.

Currently there are some exceptional riders being booted off teams because of lack ot ProTour points and their job is a domi, someone who supports.. this rule kills any cohesive team structure and ought to be thrown out.

Along with FatMcQuid.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Thankfully your crackpot idea will never happen.

oldbloke
    Free Member

Someone mentioned the SCA claim. Vague recollection that he got the money out of them because the bonus was if he won, no qualification of how. So him being stripped of the title would mean he didn’t win so wasn’t due the bonus.

I suspect he’s going to discover how much fun it is being on the other side of an avalanche of litigation.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Someone mentioned the SCA claim. Vague recollection that he got the money out of them because the bonus was if he won, no qualification of how. So him being stripped of the title would mean he didn’t win so wasn’t due the bonus.

I suspect he’s going to discover how much fun it is being on the other side of an avalanche of litigation.

Yup, some 7.5 million dollars. SCA also paid about 2.5 million in legal fees for armstrong which i suspect they’ll want back with interest, along with payment of their own legal fees. Then there’s the 4.5 million that ASO will want back for tour winnings. Though I suspect Lance will be more bothered about the jail term for perjury.

Edit: also wonder if they’ll reopen that federal fraud investigation that they suspiciously dropped?

aracer
    Free Member

Just heard on BBC News that UCI have confirmed there will be no ‘winner’ of the TdF from ’99 to ’05.

No mention I can find in online reports, or on cyclingnews (who I’d expect to have that story before the BBC if/when it happens). Are you sure you’re not getting confused by Prudhomme (who is ASO, not UCI) expressing his wishes that that is the case?

aracer
    Free Member

Yup, some 7.5 million dollars. SCA also paid about 2.5 million in legal fees for armstrong which i suspect they’ll want back with interest, along with payment of their own legal fees

The legal fees are included in the $7.5 million – the base figure is $5 million.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Crackpot Idea..?

Logical solution.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I thought the UCI said they’d be meeting on Friday to decide who won what.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42um4KoRNCI[/video]

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I feel for all the Glasgow based cyclists who can no longer say they’ve ridden with a 7 time TdF champion

MrSmith
    Free Member

I feel for all the Glasgow based cyclists who can no longer say they’ve ridden with a 7 time TdF champion

the Lance enablers.
    it can’t be nice being duped in such a way 🙁

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Let’s not forget some of the positive things Lance has done for sport

If it wasn’t for him, Average Joes would not have beaten GloboGym

Junkyard
    Free Member

the Lance enablers.
    it can’t be nice being duped in such a way

50 + pages and still such dreadfully obvious goading/trolling.

MrSmith
    Free Member

why is it trolling?
    you ‘believe’
    you turn up on a wet and windy day to catch a glimpse of your hero.
    you return home soaked through to the skin but with a warm glow inside as if you have been touched by greatness.
    but it’s all a sham, a decade of lies.

you must have some kind of emotional response to that? or not? i think the voice of the enablers should be heard, surely they have a right to that? just as i have a right to ask or comment in a thread about Lance Armstrong?
    or are you a forum moderator?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

on the positive side, there will be some ‘new’ reading matter that will not be all guff and puff, pretty pictures and uncritical acceptance.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

If it wasn’t for him, Average Joes would not have beaten GloboGym

But…it just feels so hollow now.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

50 + pages and still such dreadfully obvious goading/trolling.

yes, but it’s funny…

Woody
    Free Member

I’m struggling to get my head around how someone who cycled with a ‘champion’ could in any way be regarded as an ‘enabler’?

If I played golf with Tiger Woods, would that have enabled him to shag even more women?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Of course you are struggling its because Smith is not so moronic as to believe what he says
    Dont feed the troll

rudebwoy
    Free Member

i predict Hora will be back in about 95 posts…..

leffeboy

oh it’s sinking in, he’s deleted his wins from his Twitter account
    http://espn.go.com/olympics/cycling/story/_/id/8540579/lance-armstrong-removes-tour-titles-twitter-bio

Junkyard
    Free Member

did he do it or Twitter?

jfletch
    Free Member

The response from the peleton up till now has been a colletive meh with a few “shoked” and “dissapointeds” thrown in but the response from Sammy Sanchez, the former olympic champ and TDF stage winner, really takes the biscuit.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/samuel-sanchez-criticises-armstrong-ban

You cannot punish a person only by verbal accusations. I think Lance has not tested positive throughout his career, was never sanctioned and now we see it all in cycling. One is accused of doping and they take away your career

atlaz
    Free Member

Sammy sounds like a nervous chap.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ok now we just need to work out which poster Lance enabler he is on here 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

did he do it or Twitter?

Good point. I’m guessing twitter, as they’re still on his facebook page.

Nobby

@ aracer: the ‘no winners’ comment was made in this morning’s sports bulletin but nowt since – the Beeb may have jumped the gun.

Have just read in the Times that their Sunday publication will be looking for the £600k out of court settlement back from LA. Is it wrong to hope they give it to Kimmage for his defence against UCI? 🙂

jfletch
    Free Member

Is it wrong to hope they give it to Kimmage for his defence against UCI?

It’s not wrong to hope it but it haint gonna happen. Insetad it will go straight on the bottom line and into Murdoch’s fat pockets.

If they were looking for a way to spend 600k to buy back some repuation for having the publics best interests at heart they would probably be looking for something a bit more high profile than an obscure cycling case.

soobalias
    Free Member

oh sammy sanchez, i hope you are the victim of a poor translator.

davidjones15
    Free Member

That Sammy Sanchez quote seems to have come off the back of an Indurain interview.

heuer27
    Free Member

It was an old rugby mate of mine that arranged the Glasgow cycle a few years back. He is a cancer survivor and used the live strong message to support him. He was very proud to be phoned out of the blue by Lance Armstrong and asked to arrange said ride out. If you have watched the footage you can see him in the background. The impression I got from him was that regardless of LA’s now extremely tarnished reputation he was delighted to highlight the foundation in a positive way.
    He also got a once in a lifetime invitation the the TDF. Backstage passes included.

nicko74

you return home soaked through to the skin but with a warm glow inside as if you have been touched by greatness.

…and we return to the similarities to the Savile affair… (allegedly) 😯

leffeboy

Good point. I’m guessing twitter, as they’re still on his facebook page.

It would be really quite shocking if twitter started editing people’s profile for accuracy. I would guess it was Lance that removed his wins. I wonder who removed his Leadville wins from Wikipedia though as I didn’t think they were governed by the UCI

Junkyard
    Free Member

Indurain supports him

Even now I believe in his innocence. He has always respected all the regulations… He has won all the cases he’s had”.

On that basis, Armstrong waiving his right to appeal confused Indurain. “What surprises me is that he doesn’t keep fighting,” he said. “I think he will come back and appeal and try to show that he played fair for all those years.”

Indurain also took issue with the investigative process, challenging the validity of the evidence it produced. “I am a little taken aback. It is strange that this is done only from testimonies. Rules were in place and now it seems they have changed.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/oct/23/lance-armstrong-miguel-indurain-uci-evidence

Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Lance, latest have we done it yet.’ is closed to new replies.