Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 2,190 total)
  • Lance, latest have we done it yet.
  • RealMan
    Free Member

that a hero was in fact just another cheat rather than awesome and superhuman.

He was awesome. And superhuman. I still love him.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its the same stw characters. Do you shout at the sky sometimes?

So you are [both] left to keep returning to the thread to post ever more desperate ad hominems ……TRAGIC

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bumpty Glitch thingy

bloodynora
    Free Member

^^^^^ Oh the ironing….. 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ah a third ad hominem poster
    Brilliant a few more and the evidence will be overwhelming

muggomagic

It was a great story. A man that fought back from deaths door and beat cancer. A disease which affects so many. Not only did he come back from that, but he then went on to become One of the most successful sportsmen in history. A story that bought hope to many people who have suffered or had someone close to them suffer from cancer.
    Unfortunately as we often hear on here. If something is too good to be true then it generally is.

hora
    Free Member

Froomes comment says it all.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It would have been more helpful if you had said what his comments were 💡

hora
    Free Member
    stevewhyte
    Free Member

That Paul Kimmage comes across as a bit of a fruit cake.

The man who would never give up … gave up

Gotta be a t-shirt in there

timraven

Probably been said before on this rather long thread.

Surely this is a battle between UCI and USADA for control of the sport and Lance is just an easy target for an organisation that wants to **** over our sport.

Sad day, but I can understand his decision, USADA are obviously not going to give up until they’ve ruined him anyway and wrested control from UCI.

Spin
    Free Member

Lance is just an easy target

If that’s your idea of an easy target then I’d like to see a tough nut.

grum
    Free Member

Froomes comment says it all.

British Tour de France runner-up Chris Froome said the situation has added to cycling’s “negative image”.

How incredibly insightful.

higgo
    Free Member

Surely this is a battle between UCI and USADA for control of the sport and Lance is just an easy target for an organisation that wants to **** over our sport.

Sad day, but I can understand his decision, USADA are obviously not going to give up until they’ve ruined him anyway and wrested control from UCI.

What a strange view – USADA (US Anti-Doping Agency) can not take over world cycling in the same way that the UK ADA could not take over the European Golf Tour.

Anti-doping agencies do a number of things but one thing they do not do is take over or run individual sports.

cynic-al
    Free Member

If only hora could apply himself to road racing with the commitment that he defends lance…7 TDFs no problem.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So they both want to take over the sport and ruin it?

Sad day, but I can understand his decision, USADA are obviously not going to give up until they’ve ruined him anyway and wrested control from UCI

Is this the UCI who allegedly overlooked a positive test result?
    USADA – there is a clue in the US bit is an American based Olympic and US Congress recognised authority enforcing doping regs/testing and eforcement. It does not run any sport and has no interest in doing so.

yes folk have made points like this to defend LA but there is not that much substance to them .
    he cheated and some dont want to accept this due to what muggomagic described so eloquently

“USADA strives to preserve the integrity of clean sport in the U.S., and to diligently work toward creating a level playing field for all athletes. At all levels, and particularly the next generation, competitors must have the confidence that their natural ability and hard work are protected, and the conviction that it’s possible to compete at the highest echelon without the use of performance-enhancing drugs.” Travis Tygart, USADA Chief Executive Officer

“While USADA concentrates on the primary focus areas of testing, results management, research and education, it understands that healthy and collaborative interactions with athletes, the USOC, national governing bodies, international federations, other national anti-doping agencies, and WADA are critical to our success in furthering the anti-doping movement.” – Tygart

Hora [ cheers for link] it is negative to the sport to the casual observer as , the majority of, seasoned watchers have known for years that everyone cheated in those days. Yes the sport would look better if everyone was clean and no one had cheated it also looks better when it catches all the cheats.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

This has been a long long time coming, but at last there seems to be progress on the doping (in cycling anyway)– now there is less reason to dope and more to stay clean, the doper is going to be ever more noticeable, and so the incentive to dope will only be for the desperate, they will be marginalised, as opposed to being the mainstream only a few years ago.
    Paul Kimmage has been a crusader against doping for nearly 20 years, he was ostracised from pro-cycling for his troubles, he called armstrong a doper when it was not fashionable, now at last the next generation of cyclists will be able to race without the pressure of doping.

Wonder if any other sports will be as rigorous in looking at their ‘dark’ side ? anyone for golf……….

rkk01
    Free Member

This ^^, absolutely…

Has to be a very, very good day for cycling – in the long term.

Painful in the short term, for sure, but a good time to say “out with the old”

ETA, Froome has said nothing specific about LA. Deliberately vague, IMO. Bad day for cycling, because of the bad press; or bad day for cycling because of the way LA treated ? He just doesn’t say ( in that quote)

mt
    Free Member

Given that Froome is in a race now with a whole bunch of known dopers and cheats, in country that does as little as possible to stop doping in sport and that is supported politically, Froome’s best actions would be to be less than specific. Also given that we are relying on others to report what he said I’ll reserve judgement on what is reported from anyone about this issue.
    Given that some here seem pleased that LA has got what he deserved, perhaps instead of acting the bully that was/is LA give those that are gutted, maybe deluded or still want to find a reason to believe a bit of slack. There is just loads of bad shit all around this so lets not add more negative stuff here. I really sort of knew he was not what he seemed but at times I wanted to believe. What a bloody mess.

deviant
    Free Member

USADA’s ban is working well then, Armstrong came 2nd in a mountain bike race today and donations are up by 20% on Lance’s website….brilliant, well done USADA you’ve turned the guy into a martyr.

hora
    Free Member

I walked away from club cycling many years ago. My son wont do any club races. Its full of hypocrites and self serving pompous ****. Any sniff of organised mtb groups I bomb burst away.

Road cycling (to me) is politics/hierachy first, cycling second so it will always be corrupt.

There will top level dopers out there now. You know it.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Do you think MTBers don’t dope?

higgo
    Free Member

I know a few who do.

They don’t compete though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And then…

Armstrong came 2nd in a mountain bike race today and donations are up by 20% on Lance’s website

That makes me sad

taxi25
    Free Member

USADA’s ban is working well then, Armstrong came 2nd in a mountain bike race today and donations are up by 20% on Lance’s website….brilliant

Sorry to selectivly quote you, but whatever you think of LA an increase in funds to a cancer charity wich has helped thousands is brilliant.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

^^ was in the US, so don’t be suprised in the land of the free…….

rudebwoy
    Free Member

It is a cancer Awareness org– note the name —

rogerthecat
    Free Member

stevewhyte – Member
    That Paul Kimmage comes across as a bit of a fruit cake.

I would expect 20 years as a lone voice against some powerful groups has to make you a little dogmatic – from all I have read and heard, I like him,

Giving to cancer charities is fantastic. Didnt mean to sound flippant

stevewhyte
    Free Member

rudebwoy – Member
    It is a cancer Awareness org– note the name —

POSTED 7 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

So that not a worthy cause then.

deviant
    Free Member

Taxi25….I genuinely do think it’s great, no sarcasm implied. Finding it amusing that USADA are using testimony from dopers themselves in order to shorten their own punishments to get Armstrong….also think it’s a massive waste of time due to the era this occurred in, probably the most doped era.
    I’m left thinking “what’s the point?”….and the wider public seem to think so too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is part of the LA spin that they are all liars and was covered above but to note not all of the witness names are know however the evidence includes
    His ex masseuse during the cortisone saddle sore fail period- not a drug cheat
    The current head of the Swiss doping who will testify he tested positive for EPO- not a drug cheat
    His biological passport

It is inaccurate LA PR spin and it seems to be working.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Livestrong– is a front org for armstrong’s PR machine, don’t be fooled by its spiel, it gives very little to research, sufferers etc, the clue is in the name– Awareness, delve a little into his track record, its all about HIM, the super hero, — or arrogant,bullying, fraud- those seem to be the two options, he’s had his time in the sun, the chickens are coming home, time to fess up

aracer
    Free Member

He was awesome. And superhuman.

…and never sold anybody a dodgy set of brakes. You can almost forgive the drug taking and hypocrisy for that.

aracer
    Free Member

There are far better causes to give your money to. If donations to charities which actually fund cancer research were up I might be a little more impressed.

aracer
    Free Member

I know who won those seven Tours, my teammates know who won those seven Tours, and everyone I competed against knows who won those seven Tours

I presume he’s at least a little self-aware, his team-mates were the ones going to stand up in court and testify against him (and may well still do so in the Bruyneel case), everybody else in the peleton knew what was going on. To be fair, that’s quite an accurate statement… except that we’re all now really confused about who won those Tours – I think it’s generally agreed that in 2005 it was probably Cuddles.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve been away. What’s been going on?

wrecker
    Free Member

Livestrong– is a front org for armstrong’s PR machine, don’t be fooled by its spiel, it gives very little to research, sufferers etc, the clue is in the name– Awareness, delve a little into his track record, its all about HIM, the super hero, — or arrogant,bullying, fraud- those seem to be the two options, he’s had his time in the sun, the chickens are coming home, time to fess up

Is there actually any evidence that this is the case?
    Sorry rudebwoy; I can’t just take your word from it.
    I’d like a link to more than just an article written by someone who plainly doesn’t like LA please.
    They are VERY strong accusations IMHO. Actually fraud.

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Lance, latest have we done it yet.’ is closed to new replies.