Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • Lance – how much longer before the bubble bursts?
  • globalti
    Free Member

It’s only a matter of time and it’s going to be a huge shock to Lance’s fans: http://road.cc/content/news/29998-lance-armstrong-could-become-symbol-decades-corruption%E2%80%9D-cycling-warns-ex-pa

Mind you, the French will be ecstatic.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I hope you have your flame proof cape on. You are about to be flamed within and inch of your life

footflaps

you’re obviously new – we had this thread last week…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Or… how long before people move on to another story?

hora
    Free Member

Can’t we vet new posts on STW?

iDave
    Free Member

you’d be on the forum dole then hora 😉

enduro-aid
    Free Member

aye we had it last week and the week before and the week before that etc etc you get my drift

guilty or not his high public profile will make him a target for attacks

globalti
    Free Member

Oh well, never mind.

I used to come on STW a lot, been away for a few years, re-joined last week…..

pitduck
    Free Member

(Can’t we vet new posts on STW?)oooo get you 😯

crikey
    Free Member

I used to come on STW a lot, been away for a few years, re-joined last week…..

Some things, ie, hora, are still very much the same.

chewkw
    Free Member

Are we trying worship Lance Armstrong? Bloody maggot. Bloody celebrity.

😈

hora
    Free Member

Next headline

“Lance may be banned because someone said he thinks he might have been involved with a dodgy team mate who he heard might have taken something”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hora – you will just have to face it. He is a long term drug cheat.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m guessing Hora has posters of Lance in his bedroom…

hora
    Free Member

iDave
    Free Member

I bet hora bought one of those wristbands from Lance’s charity foundation business

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

TJ, you really need to practise the trolling. You’re really shit at it.

Some people still feeling a bit jealous this week? It can eat you right up y’know.

hora
    Free Member

I sell them to street beggars. They need the money and kindness for ‘food’ you know 🙄

firestarter
    Free Member

He could well be a cheat but I don’t care either way he’s done more for cycling and cancer globally than anyone or anything before him

nostoc
    Free Member

Big Kimmage/Walsh article next issue Sunday Times

(strangely not afraid of being sued any more)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Firestarter – really? More than say Eddie Merckx? More than the various nameless medical researchers or the people who raise money for cancer research?

Armstrong loves his own myth – he should he created it. Pity most of it is based on falsehoods

Yes he has done some good. But don’t overstate it

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry, TJ, has he been tried and found guilty without us knowing?

I’m surprised at your branding him a cheat – never really had you down as a member of the lynch mob. 🙁

(from someone who has long suspected but isn’t going to jump on the envy bandwagon just yet)

globalti
    Free Member

There are thousands of individuals doing good and making a lot less noise about it. My cycling buddy’s wife raises funds and has just returned from another trip to Kenya in her own holiday time where she distributes the money personally to fund the education of Kenyan girls. She doesn’t just sit in an hotel in Nairobi, she travels all over the country finding the girls and handing over the lolly. It’s arduous and dangerous but nobody praises her or makes a big song and dance about it.

donsimon
    Free Member

Lance who?

IanMunro
    Free Member

And let us not forget Jesus.
    He was but a humble carpenter and did far more than Lance.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Darcy – I am personally convinced. Nowt to do with envy, nowt to do with a lynch mob.

Spongebob
    Free Member

There’s been corruption in commercial sports for decades, get over it!

Personally, i’m a bit bemused how we are so preoccupied with commercial sport. Football seems to have the greatest following and boy, don’t the people at the top of that game bring the game into disrepute?

Anyone who takes competitive commercial sport seriously really needs their head examined because it’s ONLY a game!

Sport should be for fun, for recreation – period!

donsimon
    Free Member

Armstrong loves his own myth – he should he created it. Pity most of it is based on falsehoods

Is this fact based on first hand experience or just your opinion? I’m not too sure from this.

I have said before that surely he must be innocent until proven guilty, anything else is just guesswork and speculation.

hilldodger
    Free Member

TandemJeremy

I am personally convinced….

….that anyone who has ever taken an illegal chemical substance should be shunned and anything they say treated with derision and disbelief.

Once a druggy always a druggy eh Jeremy 🙄

epicyclo

The Witch Finder General always found witches. They must have been guilty, eh.

I will presume he’s innocent until he is proven otherwise. The weight of the evidence of tests so far is in his favour.

The weight of innuendo and statements from known cheats and liars may point otherwise, but let’s give him a fair trial and not knot the rope unless he’s proven guilty.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh look – hilldodger is back to attack me.

I thought you had left – or is this just your TJ bashing alter ego?

sweepy
    Free Member

And let us not forget Jesus.
    He was but a humble carpenter and did far more than Lance.

😆

And lets not forget the baby Jesus, He wasnt even a carpenter yet, but still bore the weight of all our sins.

I just wish Lances wristbands had had a hologram on them, they might have cured cancer.

firestarter
    Free Member

yes i believe so tj, yes others do lots and have done lots but he has inspired thousands to ride and raised millions, not mention the thousands of people he has inspired to raise money too

crazy-legs

I’m always surprised at your stance on this TJ. Innocent til proven guilty and all that.

Fact is, in any court in the world, Armstrong is innocent. That may change in the future, maybe one day he will be found guilty of doping or sporting fraud or something but at the moment, he’s innocent.

The empirical evidence and data from hundreds, maybe thousands, of drug tests is far greater than the anecdotal evidence of former colleagues, associates etc (most of whom seem to have an axe to grind).

Normally, you’d be the one standing up for all this rather than joining the lynch mob.

aP
    Free Member

I used to be a real lala fan – from about 92 when he was the new kid on the block, and was so upset when he got so ill and was pleased when he recovered and came back to ride again.
    Then I read his book when it came out – in hardback no less!
    I’ve not been a fan since.
    His attitude to other people is abhorrent to me, his personal cult of lala fills me with distate and the innuendo about his amazing cycling abilities have been going round since the late 90s.
    I’m not jumping on a bandwagon, I’ve been on it since it just started rolling.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its nothing to do with a lynch mob. Its a hatred of liars and cheat. There is plenty of good evidence if you want to see it. Trouble is too many folk don’t.

I think the real reason is the big lie technique he uses. “the most tested athlete in history” – which is bollocks and if you look at his denials they are very carefully worded – real spin doctor stuff.

donsimon
    Free Member

OK, but has anything been proven?

mogrim

He could well be a cheat but I don’t care either way he’s done more for cycling and cancer globally than anyone or anything before him

Don’t know about “anyone or anything” – in fact I strongly doubt that – but he’s certainly done a lot more than me (including a charity ride in AUS last week), even if sometimes he can come across as a bit arrogant. Mind you, given what he’s achieved I suppose it’s not entirely surprising.

He may not be the “most tested athlete in history”, either, but he’s been tested, repeatedly, both on and off season, and despite all the tests nothing has been proved.

nostoc
    Free Member

1999 samples?

crazy-legs

Its nothing to do with a lynch mob. Its a hatred of liars and cheat.

TJ, which part of this don’t you get? He has NOT been found guilty of ANYTHING! Therefore at the moment he is NOT lying and has NOT been cheating! That may change but unlike you, I’m not going to pass judgement. IF he is found guilty then I will join the detractors. Until then I am entirely neutral on the subject.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Lance – how much longer before the bubble bursts?’ is closed to new replies.