Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Lance Armstrong to be interviewed by Oprah
  • stevious

Just seen this on Lance’s twitter feed.

Lance on Oprah

Should be ‘interesting’.

composite
    Free Member

Is he still saying he didn’t cheat?

stevious

Nothing in the text to suggest he’s going to come clean, but then again nothing to preclude that either.

somafunk

Is he gonna do a “cruise” and go apeshit on the program?, perhaps jump up and down on the couch and admit to doping but “everyone else was doing it i had to as well”?.

stevious

He could do a Michael Jackson and blame it on a rare disease.

somafunk

He could do a Michael Jackson and blame it on a rare disease.

What?…….kiddyfiddlingyitis?

tomhoward

I’m sure the boogie was involved early on….

qwerty
    Free Member

LA is dating Oprah! Wow!

honourablegeorge

Probably a similar, sympathy-seeking cringe as Marion Jones did, where she admitted nothing.

ndthornton
    Free Member

He’s denied doping under oath so if he does admit he could be arrested for perjury when he walks off the show……… that Id love to see but no doubt he’s struck another famous deal with the authoroties.

clubber
    Free Member

When/if he eventually admits, I’m sure that he’ll do what he’s always done and try to write his own truth. The story he’ll spin will be that he only did what everyone else did (conveniently ignoring all the people who refused to and were basically robbed of a career in the sport or were hounded out by the likes of LA (Bassons being the classic example) or that he helped perpetuate the doping culture.

And I’m sure the mainstream media will be complicit and avoid asking difficult questions in their clamour to get his story.

franksinatra

He could blame it all on attempts to control guns and lobby for ‘more guns’ in sport. Kind of LA / NRA / Alex Jones.

franksinatra

He’s denied doping under oath so if he does admit he could be arrested for perjury when he walks off the show………

Why wait until he walks of the show? Tazer him on the couch, arrest him and drag him off screaming and crying.

I would watch that.

Paceman
    Free Member

Oprah won’t push him with the questions he really needs to be asked in my opinion.

lazybike
    Free Member

There will be tears and a ton of remorse, god will get a mention, justification will come in the form of I had to do it to be able to compete, it’s the UCI’s fault….book and film to follow 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

It won’t be sworn testimony so he can say what he likes and not worry too much about the legal side of things I guess. And you can bet every detail has been rehearsed and gone through his legal team. Though surely even Armstrong doesn’t have balls a ball big enough to go on Oprah and continue to deny everything. Live streaming, I may well tune in to this one.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Oprah won’t push him with the questions he really needs to be asked in my opinion.

I agree – Jerry Springer would have been more appropriate – then bring Cheryl Cole and Tyler Hamilton out and whatch the fireworks!

there has been sworn testimy that has resulted in multi-million dollar settlements.

clubber
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member
    It won’t be sworn testimony so he can say what he likes and not worry too much about the legal side of things I guess

I don’t think that’s correct. He wouldn’t get done for lying for anything that he says but if what he says on Oprah contradicts his earlier sworn testimony then they’d be able to go after him for perjury.

Of course he could then say “I lied on Oprah” but that just doesn’t make sense as a strategy (which, it being LA it clearly will have a strategy) – he’s going on Oprah to turn public opinion which won’t work if he subsequently claims to have not told the truth on it.

atlaz
    Free Member

He’ll never admit it was his fault. It will definitely be “Everyone was doing it” and then a good bit of “The French/other cyclists/USADA/journalists hate me and are victimising me and blaming it ALL on me but it really wasn’t”

Kryton57

ndthornton – Member

I agree – Jerry Springer would have been more appropriate – then bring Cheryl Cole and Tyler Hamilton out and whatch the fireworks!

Either I’ve missed something and Lance has ruined all my dreams and sha**ed/tainted Cheryl Cole or you mean Sheryl Crow surely?

Paceman
    Free Member

Live streaming, I may well tune in to this one.

When’s it on and how can it be viewed online? Could be worth watching.

theteaboy
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member

Live streaming, I may well tune in to this one.

Link please?

Edit – beaten to it!

Kryton57

17th on Oprah’s web site.

clubber
    Free Member

As will everyone (me included) – hence he’ll get an easy ride -relatively speaking, I’m sure they’ll agree to throw in the odd slightly difficult question – “how could you do it to your kids?” for example but not “How could you deliberately go out to destroy the reputation of someone like Emma O’Reilly by calling her an alcoholic whore”. That will have been his condition of giving the interview.

MSP

I for one certainly don’t want to watch his ego chariot propaganda machine continue to drag cycling down. I find his lies and squirming embarrassing and disgraceful, especially knowing that there will be millions who will believe his every word.

martinhutch

17th on Oprah’s web site.

No-one will be interested in this minor story on the day the Yorkshire TdF 2014 route is announced.

clubber
    Free Member

But then the power of social media means it’s important that those who understand do see it and point out to others who aren’t so well informed why/how he’s lying…

ndthornton
    Free Member

Either I’ve missed something and Lance has ruined all my dreams and sha**ed/tainted Cheryl Cole or you mean Sheryl Crow surely?

Sorry Kryton57 – a simple typo – Im sure she only has eyes for you…

Kryton57

clubber – Member
    …. hence he’ll get an easy ride….

Deliberate ironing? If so, well done lol…..

I for one certainly don’t want to watch his ego chariot propaganda machine continue to drag cycling down. I find his lies and squirming embarrassing and disgraceful, especially knowing that there will be millions who will believe his every word.

Well said MSP, we should forget Lance and move on – agree 100%

Kryton57

ndthornton – Member

Sorry Kryton57 – a simple typo – Im sure she only has eyes for you…

In my world, so am I 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

I read it on road.cc, guess it’ll be streamed on Oprah.com somewhere.

I don’t think that’s correct. He wouldn’t get done for lying for anything that he says but if what he says on Oprah contradicts his earlier sworn testimony then they’d be able to go after him for perjury.

Indeed, what I really meant is that the Feds won’t be lining up back stage to grab him just on the basis of what he says on Oprah.

clubber
    Free Member

Kryton – it’d be a ball ache to write irons like that 😉

Kryton57

Stop it Clubber you’re killing me….

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I believe Wiggins and Evans both won the TDF clean. LA coming out of the woodwork is not good for cycling.

As Pat M said (far to late and after years of what could be politely described as inaction by UCI) “Lance Armstrong has no place in cycling”.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I wonder what his fee is for the show 😉

Considering lots of his tour cash / sponsorship cash is likely to be eaten into as he gets sued perhaps this is a way for him to support himself.

taxi25
    Free Member

Looking forward to seeing it myself. It might only be “his” version of the truth. But as we’ve heard everyone elses versions, including the STW one we might as well hear his.

GDRS

Hmmm…..

I bet this is all Livestrong and not Armstrong based….seen any yellow wristbands around lately?

Junkyard
    Free Member

next to no interest in what he says or what he does.
    he is a lying cheat and whether he admits this i dont care as the truth is obvious as it has been for years.

One thing is motivating this and that is his massive ego and not guilt, justice or anything else noble.
    He may say these things , like he said it was all about the bike but really why would anyone care what the lying cheat says on this or anything? Is anyone actually going to believe him ?

**** off you cheating ****

And breathe

spacemonkey

Ned having his say on TalkSport right now. Sounds like it’ll be a heavily scripted “defense” with plenty of mentions of charity work blah blah.

aracer
    Free Member

Which is exactly why he’s on there rather than with somebody who might interfere with his script.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Lance Armstrong to be interviewed by Oprah’ is closed to new replies.