Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Lakes Routes
  • martinhutch

Aye, but walla crag as opposed to the road round Derwent.

Went wrong on that bit first time I tried it and started descending near Falcon Crag. Was getting a bit terrifying on a hardtail – does that get ridden much?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Be real nice to finish coming off grisedale pike

I was thinking of hiking up Tongue Beck, over Dalehead and down Hindscarth

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

We’ve done “Bash”, then up Rigg Head quarries (Tongue Beck?) to Dale Head (or direct from Honister to Dale Head, both Brutal carries up though), then over Hindscarth and Scope End, and finish back over the col South of Catbells to re-join “Bash”.
    That’s a good route. Hindscarth/Scope End is a nice tech descent, as is the East descent off Catbells to “Bash”.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    yorkycsl
    Free Member

Week before was Portinscale start, up castle crag to honister then Warncale to buttermere then back up to honister, up Dale head left to the tarn & thought about doing catbells but too may walkers, so dropped through the old mine workings (can’t quite clean the top section) to finish of with castle crag and go through the farm to join the little track at the water works.

Though not a local we spend a lot of time at Portinscale as missus owns Jasmine cottage next to the Chalet, would love to do some bigger rides with you local mountain goats.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Lakes Routes’ is closed to new replies.