Lakes Must-Do rides

Home Forum Bike Forum Lakes Must-Do rides

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lakes Must-Do rides
  • rascal

Looking at doing a week’s biking in the Lakes in the summer.
    I’ve done quite a few rides there over the years but still a few I want to do.
    Has anyone done the likes of Nan Bield, Black Sail, Grasmoor? I know a few have done Ullock Pike (Skiddaw) but that’s a bit of a naughty one best saved for when the redsocks aren’t out in force 😉

In the past I’ve done Helvellyn, High Street, Ullswater singletrack including Boredale, Garburn pass from Staveley (the wrong way), Claife Heights, Grizedale (inc THF trail), Borrowdale Bash, Langdale/Loughrigg/Hodge Close, Back o’ Skiddaw a few times, Whinlatter.

I really fancy travelling around and camping near to where the trails are.
    What do you recommend as must-do’s to add to my ‘done’ list? Cheers

thekettle

Nan Beild into kentmere is excellent. Best accessed by going up Gatesgarth pass and over Harter Fell (cheeky but quiet).

Black Sail into Wasdale is excellent, and Stake Pass into Langdale. The latter can be ridden from langdale – Rosset Ghyll/Esk hause/Styhead
    Tarn/Borrowdale/Langstrath/Stake pass.
    Numerous other cheeky ones, grasmoor included.

Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

Sounds like you’ve missed the Eskdale/Duddon Vallet area.
    Happy to give detailed ideas at weekend if you mail.
    Loweswater/Buttermere.
    The quieter areas.

rascal

Boxelder – YGM.

GaVgAs

I just did the Crummock and Buttermere last Saturday and forgot how good it is, amazing Techy single track,Boxelders routes will be spot on, enjoy

rascal

Gav – not thought about riding there other than the nearby Scarth Gap by Haystacks…just how good is it?
    Want to give trail centres a wide birth up there and get the old map and compass out again 😛

Premier Icon GavinB
    Subscriber

I think my fave Lakes route (to date – I’m still searching) is the Four Passes route

STW link

I used to count a big loop of Coniston Water in there too, but since some OTT resurfacing work on Walna Scar road, its not what it was. To summarise: clockwise from Coniston village around to Grizedale forest, south down Parkamoor, west across Blawith Moor on to Stephenson Ground, then up to Walna Scar Road and descend to Coniston.

Rik

Crummock and Buttermere route

Do tell, cheeky or not? Much hike-a-bike?

Premier Icon lowey
    Subscriber

Rascal…

Do you mind a bit (lot) of carrying ?

Nan bield from Harter fell is on the list for this year, as is a repeat of Ullock pike on the bouncy bike this time.

rascal

If a bit of portage is required to get a great decent in, I’m up for it.
    What you got in mind?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lakes Must-Do rides’ is closed to new replies.