Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Lakes Jenn ride
  • beefy

Just got a ticket for the Jenn ride in stavely this year. Not done the event before, is the campsite available to stay at on the Friday night?

Just not sure how it all works.

Ta

Vortexracing

didn’t know tickets are available, are they posted on FB?

and yes, Camping was available on the field last year.

Its a great event BTW 🙂

Vortexracing

found the tickets on the eventbrite website

ta

jkomo

I can’t see it? Could you pop a link up.

Vortexracing

I can’t see it? Could you pop a link up.

here you go

Jennride 2022 Tickets

survivor

You star beefy… I would of totally missed that being a non Facebooker..

Got my ticket 👍

sandwicheater

OP, has been to date (available from Fri).

No info yet but I’m sure Rich will be along shortly.

Looking forward to it.

martinhutch

All sold out…

Didn’t see it pop up, think it got launched on FB rather than on here. Will have to look out for reserve places.

AndrewL

I think some more tickets are available if people missed out originally:

Jenn ride 2022 tickets

big_n_daft
    Free Member

A think a few have been handed back as the route is apparently a bit on the epic side with limited bailout opportunity

duncancallum

That doesn’t sound like rich…..🤣

martinhutch

The route is quite challenging…

AndrewL

My training has been poor and covided, just getting the excuses ready now!

Clink

er..training..??

postierich
    Free Member

15 places left for an epic ride around the Lakes 🙂

Camping available before and after the event £5 entry then donate on just giving site

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38422867

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/239570962197/

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/richard-munro14

footflaps

That route is pretty serious!

PolisherMan

The route’s great! But I think there will be plenty of people in for a real shock! I think the A591 will be busy with bailing out riders….

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Clockwise or anti?

**** me the number of shitty mapping apps that don’t make it completely obvious which direction the route goes…

martinhutch

Anti – run your cursor over the elevation graph and it will move the pointer around the course.

The elevation plotting on that route goes a bit off-kilter in the second half though. Sty Head, Hard Knott and Wrynose are definitely not that small. 🙂

footflaps

The map needs to show recharging points where you can swap out/in a fully charged battery 😉

sandwicheater

Cheers for the email/post, had forgotten to donate to the just giving page.

Looks like the JG page is a little lite, maybe a email to remind everyone?

postierich
    Free Member

Very strange that the just giving is low on donations, usually there has been several thousands donated by this stage will be reminding people what the event is all about later on in the week Donations on the day are a pain in the arse!!!!

AndrewL

Long range weather forecast not looking bad. I am not sure my trip to a beer festival yesterday will aid managing to get round next weekend…..

scotroutes

As I just wrote on BearBones..

My experience of events is that 20 – 30% of folk don’t turn up, regardless of how much they pay for entry. Maybe time to up the entry fee, skip the donation element and don’t offer returns/refunds.

FWIW I was never likely to travel down to the event but fuel (and other living) costs are increasing so I can see that might play a part.

Also, trying to make the course more and more challenging (or even just hinting at that) means you are going after an increasingly small section of the market. I’m not going to drive several hundred miles to push my bike up a hill. I can do that from my house 😉

footflaps

How long are people expected to take to do the 100 miles?

rubymurry
    Free Member

2 tough days of riding, but route looks epic…. Not looking forward to the road out of Eskdale, never managed to get up it!!!

manmurray

Gutted – after dodging the lurgy for 2 years, somehow tested positive last night. Utterly rubbish timing. Was properly looking forward to it, conditions look pretty much spot on!

Enjoy all + looking forward to some envious insta pics. Next year then!

martinhutch

That’s tough. At least you didn’t get ill after driving all the way to the Lakes.

I’m nursing a dodgy calf muscle/achilles, so I expect I’ll probably implode spectacularly in the first 10 miles. 🙂

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Eek. Was the rest of the route as grim as the wasdale section?
    Met 19 riders coming down it this morning from Styhead and only 3 were riding. Nobody minds a bit of hikeabike up, but pushing all the way down again… looked awful.
    3 people said the same: ” haven’t actually been astride the bike for the last 2 or 3 hours.”

Why did the route not go down the beautiful flowy looking Bridleway two to the left of the gnarly descent? Or are the hidden bits of that even worse?

AndrewL

We had a really good weekend, got home a couple of hours ago. Styhead to Wasdale was definitely hard work but there were lots of great bits – one our first day the Kentmere sttuff, some sketchy steep bits above pooley bridge, the loop up from Threlkeld and back to Keswick.

On the second day we started from Wasdale and the 2nd half of the descent into Boot is great, then more nice stuff toward Elterwater & Loughrigg and the climbs and final bits in Kentmere.

I was on a Solaris with my other half on her Cube and our friend on her Soul. I was basically dragged round it by them – certainly on the climbs as the trip went on! Pizza at More the evening before was good and tasty Kirby Lonsdale beer at the site (thank you)

Lots of lovely people to chat to and thanks again to Rich for organizing (and booking the good weather).

martinhutch

Another great weekend, thanks Rich

Found myself a bit off-route, but not a bad spot.

AndrewL

Plus we have gained a set of gloves on the climb to styhead, they are not with me but can arrange to post them out if you have lost them – just confirm colour / brand.

martinhutch

Why did the route not go down the beautiful flowy looking Bridleway two to the left of the gnarly descent?

You have to cross Lingmell Beck twice, so they’ve all got downsides if you’re on a fully loaded bike.

AndrewL

Some photos

Dropping to Longsleddale

Longsleddale

Above Pooley Bridge

Ullswater

Drop from bridleway skirting Blencathra/Skiddaw

Dropping to Keswick

Styhead climb in the evening

evening climb to Styhead

Crossing past Burnmoor Tarn

Past Burnmoor

richpips
    Free Member

A few of my pics from a cracking weekend.

Clink

It was an awesome weekend of riding, thanks Rich. We pushed through and did it in one go, got in a smidge before 3am. Saw loads of owls riding in the dark.

boxelder

Why did the route not go down the beautiful flowy looking Bridleway two to the left of the gnarly descent? Or are the hidden bits of that even worse?

Because it’s not beautiful or flowy to ride, as we were reminded by taking it……
    Great weekend.

bfw

Is this a yearly thing?

jkomo

Yes, yearly

martinhutch

Heads up for anyone interested in the 2023 event – tickets now on sale. There’s a ‘gravel’ version too this year…

https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing?eid=37357&

https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing?eid=37358&

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.