Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lakes/Enduro/Grizdale trails?
  • Trekster

Heading to the Lakes in a couple of weeks. Mate is into his Strava “heat map” and Trailforks.

Are there trails on those apps we should avoid????

Been a few years since I rode in Grizdale so I’m sure there are new bits and old bits that have vanished….  We are probably heading out from Ambleside….

Is Tilberthwaite open to cyclists? I appreciate it will no longer be a “challenge”. Is it even worth heading over that way?

tomhoward

All the grizedale PMBA enduro tracks are off limits I think, as they are walking trails iirc, and they make a big deal of not riding them outside the event. Something to bear in mind when looking at Strava

chakaping
    Free Member

I dunno how well populated trail forks is for that area but drop me a line if you want a Grizedale route, I ride there quite a lot.

Will even show you round if the date suits (and you want showing).

Some of the best enduro trails are ok to ride, but a couple are very sensitive and not to be ridden.

Trekster

3rd Nov any good to you chakaping? Group heading down from Dumfries

I am aware of how sensitive the area is and don’t want to cause problems, hence why I ask on here(occasional Lakes rider for 30yrs!!). When I started riding in the Lakes footpaths were very much off-limits, not like nowadays….

Pedal North have some good routes we can plot, raid some ideas from postierich on Strava and lowey has a good one posted somewhere I recall

I had them all on a map which has gone awol and another which has disintegrated……

martinhutch

Is Tilberthwaite open to cyclists? I appreciate it will no longer be a “challenge”. Is it even worth heading over that way?

I imagine you can get through OK. South side has been flattened. If you’re just linking stuff North to South then you may as well go over via the ford at Little Langdale.

If you’re after the enduro style stuff then the bits dropping towards Coniston Water from the south west corner of Grizedale/Parkamoor (should pop up on Trailforks/Strava) aren’t on FPs. The bits which start from Carron Crag or go southwards from the top of the Bogle Crag fire road are well used paths, so not recommended on a half term weekend. As usual, it’s a case of being aware of the walking trail markers and sensible about when you ride them.

chakaping
    Free Member

3rd Nov any good to you chakaping?

Working that day unfortunately, I’ll ping you a message on here though.

duncancallum

You with the Ae Forrest lot perchance

snowpaul
    Free Member

Hey,

Semi lakes local here. Tilberthwaite is not worth a ride on anthing other than a 90s xc race bike now…. if hike a bike appeals try Rosset pike / Helvellyn… Parkamoor has been worked on too.

Rode Walna scar yest and it has had a lot of water damage that has helped make it loose n a bit more techy…tis busy with walkers. Good in the evening !

Paul

Trekster

duncancallum

Subscriber
    You with the Ae Forrest lot perchance

P

Aye…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lakes/Enduro/Grizdale trails?’ is closed to new replies.