Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lakes campsite recommendations for July
  • NikNak
    Free Member

I’m currently organising a Summer (early July) Mountain biking bash for a snowboarding forum I’m on in the Lake District.
    Not knowing the area that well, I wondered if anyone has any recommendations of sites for a mixed group of around 12 people. We were thinking of some kind of Rally field that we could all get together rather than being very spread out.
    Any we should consider, and maybe any we should most definitely avoid?

NikNak

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Great Langdale or Wasdale Head are both great but book early for July

avoid Coniston campsites (the one by the lake and the CCC one just out of town)

NikNak
    Free Member

We’re also planning on getting married whilst there, and Ullswater is looking favourite at the moment.
    Does anyone have any experience of Waterside Farm?
    http://www.watersidefarm-campsite.co.uk/index.html

I’ve read a few reviews that range from Awesome location to, would never go back because of the loud music coming from numerous tents at 2am!!!

djglover
    Free Member

avoid Coniston campsites (the one by the lake

I’d Second that, I hated it, but if you are a big group of Lads Coniston could be ideal as its well rowdy and if you are drinking ’till 2am no one will mind

ro63rt
    Free Member

Low Wray at Windermere. It’s got three fields, one for groups, one for couples & one for families. So it sounds ideal & it’s a central location for all the lakes.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Avoid Lanefoot Farm, Keswick, the facilities are too few & far between.

nickegg
    Free Member

Hawkeshead Croft is great. We have stayed there a few times over the last ten years. Good facilites, COOP in the village and a good couple of pubs. I recommend the Sun Inn (i think thats correct!).

Can be full of grannies though during the day!

….and very close to the North Face Trail also.

Nice if you get a spot next to the river on the far side of the site.

thefallguy
    Free Member

baysbrown farm at chapel stile is good, new but basic shower block, cooked breakfast van, wainwrights pub just a short walk away, riding straight out of the campsite is excellent too (high oxen fell, iron keld etc… see sfb for details)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lakes campsite recommendations for July’ is closed to new replies.