Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Lakeland200 anyone fancy it in October just before summer ends?
  • postierich
    Free Member

After a scoping out the route last month and doing it in 3 days with one night in a pod and one night under the stars and missing 15km from the route due to really hot weather. I planning on doing it again before the daylight shortens, staring @ 6pm on a Friday and finishing on a Sunday evening with both nights under the stars.
    So Staveley to Coniston on the Friday ending with a few beers.
    Coniston to Keswick area on the Saturday then finishing the route on the Sunday.
    http://www.selfsupporteduk.net/routes/Lakeland200.html
    Any takers? few pics to tempt you

DSCF3439[1]

DSCF3436[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

DSCF3471[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

DSCF3492[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

calumf50
    Free Member

Could be very tempted, what weekend are you thinking?

postierich
    Free Member

The weekend before half term, clocks go back that weekend 25/27th October

postierich
    Free Member

Plenty of bailouts on route if things get a tad tasty/hard 🙂

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Keen if its two weeks before hand 11th-13th… Let me know if your plan changes 🙂

calumf50
    Free Member

Ok then, I’m in.

What time set off from Stavely you thinking?

Camping in Consiton and Keswick or YH?

postierich
    Free Member

I will be under the stars but not going to dictate where anyone else wants to kip as long as I get to use a shower 🙂
    Live in Kendal and will be working till 3pm so anytime after that really.

Rich

calumf50
    Free Member

Sounds good to me…

I’ve done about 60% of the route allready, on different rides so it’ll be good to do it all in 48 hours!

boxelder

This an open invite, as sounds good?
    We have met rich – you were playing broom wagon on the whinlatter challenge and we had a chat going up the long fire road over the back.

Pyro

If the date works, might be tempted to join you for part of it – not fit enough for the full works I think! (and it’ll give me a chance to work out how the hell Boxelder knows me!)

boxelder

Bring some porage if you’re coming pyro…….

postierich
    Free Member

More the merrier !
    Got all the maps and stuff maybe hook up for a ride before hand, was a lonely ride last time out 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

More the merrier !
    Got all the maps and stuff maybe hook up for a ride before hand, was a lonely ride last time out 🙂

taka
    Free Member

me and a mate might be up for this if we can get time out of our busy unemployed routine.. 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Tempted if I’m not doing the BB200, weather and SHMO depending.

You ss’ing it Rich?

postierich
    Free Member

NO!!!!!!! I do value my knees!

postierich
    Free Member

A bump for anyone else!
    I feel as though I need to add I,m not leading the ride so you need to be self sufficient ie maps/garmin and normal safety gear for a ride in the hills 🙂
    Maybe a STW staffer could come along and do a piece on the loop

Rich

calumf50
    Free Member

Still up for this Rich.

I’ve mentioned it on the bbb forum as well. 8)

postierich
    Free Member

What is the BBB forum?

Chew
    Free Member

What is the BBB forum?

This place:

BBB Forum

tomaso
    Free Member

Hey Rich I might be able to make it along for a night and a day but not for the whole thing.

Also I wanted to check that if the weather is a bit iffy you are actually gonna turn up this, not like Nan Bield? 😉

postierich
    Free Member

This ride will be going ahead come rain,hailsnow! which nan bield ride? the Bog trotters Wednesday nightride ?

calumf50
    Free Member

I think I’ll probably set off Friday at noon as I’m off all day anyway and then meet up in Coniston after…

calumf50
    Free Member

Alan Goldsmith has smashed the record! 21 hours 57 minutes 29-09-2013

😯

boxelder

It’s Alan’s route. The Belgian guys that did it in 27hrs had grim weather apparently – so with lack of route knowledge, that’s an impressive achievement too.

boxelder

Don’t think I can make the Fri eve leaving time, but would get a flyer on sat morning and catch up. Any idea where you’ll be staying Friday? Or mob no. to get in touch?
    Is there a group Rich, or non-commits like moi?

postierich
    Free Member

I have had to cancel done it on the facebook page but forgot about this site! Two cracked ribs 2 weeks ago and something else that’s been picked up on my xrays is keeping me off the bike 🙁

Rich

boxelder

OK. Heal quick – thought we may have passed you near Tilberthwaite on sat, but guess not.

calumf50
    Free Member

Sorry to hear you’re out Rich, hope your recovery is speedy.. If the forecast is decent I’ll still be going, but leaving at noon on the Friday.

boxelder

Forecast is anything but decent……

calumf50
    Free Member

😀

Early days yet. I’m going to make the call Wed / Thu…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Lakeland200 anyone fancy it in October just before summer ends?’ is closed to new replies.