• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by TomB.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lakeland Descents Advice
  • Premier Icon ricko1984
    Free Member

Hi,

I was thinking about doing my own version of the Lakeland 200 route later this summer if things calm down.

Just wondering if anyone has done the following trails and if they’re any good/ likely to get some grief off the walkers:

Gasgale Gill FP down to Crummock Water
    Miterdale Forest BW down into Eskdale (Instead of Burnmoor Tarn)
    Wrynose to Stool End FP via Red Tarn (Or taking some of the FP via Blea Tarn down to Langdale NP campsite)
    White Moss to Michael’s Nook FP via Alcock Tarn
    Taking the left hand FP at the bottom of Grizedale Tarn descent (Just after the climbing hut), instead of BW/ road.
    Mousthwaite Comb to Mungrisdale FP following Glenderamackin River

Also doing the FP traversing round the front of Gowbarrow Fell, some extra stuff in around Duddon Valley and back of Skiddaw (Which I know are good from past walking experience).

So looking forward to this as its been a while since I’ve ridden in the Lakes.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

GGG will be a struggle, lots of it got washed away a few years back, better going down off whiteless pike if you can.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Free Member

Miterdale Forest BW down into Eskdale (Instead of Burnmoor Tarn)

Steep and a bit loose, but rideable if your tyres have a bit of tread. I made a meal of it for the Jennride. BW up to it is a bit of a push, I think you can use fire road to zigzag up though.

White Moss to Michael’s Nook FP via Alcock Tarn

Hike a bike then good. Walkers more of a problem on this one though.

Premier Icon TomB

Agree with Nobeer, easy climb to whiteless and a great descent, much better than descending the tedious gasgale gill.
    A lot of the path along the glenderamackin river from mousethwaite to mungrisdale fell away in the floods so it’s sort of a boggy trod meandering up and down. I wouldn’t want to ride it. Descent to scales is fantastic, or climb gentle over souther fell and descend to mungrisdale that way?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.