Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lakeland 200
  • richpips
    Free Member

I had a most pleasant ride round the lake district this weekend. 😉

http://sometimesridesbikes.blogspot.com/2014/06/lakeland-200-mountain-bike-itt.html

Junkyard
    Free Member

your cheating using metric measures ….Respect for that and nice blog pics as well.

richpips
    Free Member

your cheating using metric measures ….Respect for that and nice blog pics as well.

Thanks.

I’m not a fan of metric measurements either. The Lakeland 128 doesn’t have quite the ring to it does it. 🙂

d45yth
    Free Member

Good stuff! I’ve been planning on doing it at some point, so it was good to read about your experience.

I had to laugh when I read this: “A much tougher route than I had anticipated.” I know most sections of it well, as they are all parts of my local rides. To give folk an idea of how much climbing there is though, it has more than double that of the Bear Bones 200 (6400m compared to 3000m)!

postierich
    Free Member

Great route looking at doing it again in a few weeks 🙂

honeybadgerx

*bookmarked for later!*

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Nice blog !!! epic ride !! was there any point in meeting Alan??? 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

Nice blog !!! epic ride !! was there any point in meeting Alan???

We had a nice chat at the start. 😀

Incidentally the police drove through the car park as we were getting ready, they saw us and drove off. We were obviously nothing out of the ordinary at 4am in Staveley.

calumf50
    Free Member

@postierich

I think we were going to do it last year?

Me and a friend will be doing it on the 2/3 August if you fancy it?

Calum

excitable1
    Free Member

Congratulations and well done. You’ve put me to shame 😳 …

I’ve been putting this off and coming up with all kinds of excuses but non worth sharing (apart from how do you keep your Garmin going for that long ?). I know the whole route well and I’ve pieced together some good long epics myself that take some effort (none as long as that mind !) but I’ve always got an excuse not to do the 200 !

Well done again.

postierich
    Free Member

Calum yes apologies for that bail out last year but ended up having my chest cracked open all good now though!
    Will see how I,m fixed for the 2/3rd of august with work!

trevron73
    Free Member

Chapeau sir. 😯

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Well done, racing and taking time to compose photos, I like your style. Great result too.

PolisherMan

Nice one! This is most certainly on the “to do” list..

calumf50
    Free Member

I’ll be giving this a shot on the 2nd August, setting off pretty early, with a view to returning on the Sunday (3rd).

Anyone fancy it?

Calum

seanoc
    Free Member

Wow, how long…..route looks similar in parts to a little run I did last weekend.

Eta; just read the blog…38 is good going. I was out for 36 but covered 25 miles less.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lakeland 200’ is closed to new replies.