Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lake Garda – Trail Recomendations please
  • zinger
    Free Member

Hi

Heading off to Dolomites in July and will be passing through Lake garda on the way

We will only have 1 full day to ride – has any one got any recomendations as to what to ride – looking for Singletrack XC rather than full on DH

Also any suggestions for where to rent a bike and where to stay would be uesful

thanks…

lucien

Tarbole – top of Garda on the right, this might help Lake Garda bike linkand this 2nd linky link

We’re off for 3 weeks in Aug, so hoping for a bit of decent riding…………

twosheds
    Free Member

Youve got to do the Tremalzo. Cycle from Riva del Garda to the top its then 20+ miles of amazing single track back to Riva. If you dont want to cycle up theres a LBS in Riva that does lifts to the top.

balfa
    Free Member

Remember to pack the skills!

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/7299611[/video]

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/23353736[/video]

RoterStern
    Free Member

Are you camping or staying in hotels? I absolutely love Arco which is a few kilometres away from the Lake itself but is a mecca for mountainbikers and rock climbers (the whole town is overshadowed by a huge rock slab). Plus there are a large number of bike routes that start directly from the town. If you are camping I can recommend this. As said before the Tremalzo route is the most famous but it gets as busy as a bank holiday at a trail centre so be prepared to wait behind some mincing German mountainbikers on the descents. But there really are hundreds of routes to try. Be prepared for a long steep slog up to the top and loose white stoney trails on the way down. Slightly further south of the lake is Bardolino which though may lack the impressive huge mountains of the north of the lake has some really well sign posted trails designed by Paulo Pezzo (who owns a bike shop in the town) which in some ways gives you more bang for your buck as the height difference is never more than 800 metres which means you are never far away from a bit of downhill. Can you tell I love the area?

You are spoilt for choice! But 1 day doesnt really do it justice.

I had a week there in early May, and if you want to hire a bike, go to Carpentari bike shop in Torbole – a few of our group hired Cube Fritz’s.

Depends which day you are going, but google Luca’s bike shuttle for details of the uplifts available. Tremalzo is a good, fun day out, but nothing very tech. For me, I’d try and arrange an uplift up for the Devil trail (Val Di Diavol) (also called the Skull trail).

Wherever you go you wont be disapointed. Email for more details if you want.

Here’s our group enjoying ourselves 🙂

Bogtrotters Garda Vid

Actually – Perfect day = Diavlo/skull trail in the morning, then another uplift to virtually to the same point as for the Diavlo, but take the “6” trail heading south along the East side of the lake. Only downside is the 9k road ride back to Torbole, inc unlit tunnels.

It really is as clsoe to MTB Nirvana as you’ll ever find in Europe 🙂

mrplow
    Free Member

Beautiful place 🙂

simonb
    Free Member

Echo the Skull trail as worth doing, going there again in August 🙂

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Trail 601.

Tremalzo was a bit meh.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lake Garda – Trail Recomendations please’ is closed to new replies.