Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lake Garda eurocamp type holiday recommendations
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Planning next years holiday
    In past we’ve done a few eurocamps in France driving over
    Flew to Geneva and stayed in morzine this year and had an amazing holiday
    Thinking about lake Garda
    Kids will be 9 7 and 4
    Quite active, love swimming and probably be keen on canoeing cycling etc
    Anyone been?
    Flights? Did you hire a car or book transfer?
    Campsites ok without a car? Getting around and to supermarkets etc
    Thanks for advice

jamj1974

Yes. Let me look up the one we stayed in. Near lake for swimming, snorkelling and a bit of canoe paddling. Also, had several pools for those days when you just want to chill!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I could be interested in this too.

DickBarton

Sounds interesting…

pondo

Canvas Holidays used to have a site on Garda, lovely views, near the lake and bigger tents than Eurocamp. I’d be looking them up. 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Just got back.

Drove, Hull, Zebrugge, air b an b near Austria, then at La Blesse in France on way back.

We stayed at the one at the bottom of the lake, out a bit, less touristy in the surrounding area which we liked, by Pescaia? Lovely rides from there.

Great park too.

Guess you’d probably better looking up towards Bordilino area. Busier, more water sports, beachier. Personally too many rude Germans for me. Too touristy, didn’t feel anywhere as near to friendly lovely Italy than I’ve got used to in other areas I’ve been to.

We drove because I wanted my bike there and we took our daughters mate so it didn’t cost dramatically more. Both 14.

Garda was lovely too. Possibly too quiet for your kids though.

Lake Garda was spectacular.

Train to a Verona was dead easy from Pesceria and so to to Venice. We didn’t use the car much while there other than to get to the train station, to the ferry, to the occasional supermarket visit. Bike to local supermarket along the river out the bottom of Lake Garda. Easy enough. Not sure I’d want to be without a car though.

Selled
    Free Member

We always stay on the south east of the lake (not in the mountains), would highly recommend Piani Di Clodia near Lazise if you want a place with plenty of activities. Would recommend a higher car if you want to explore, however the on-site supermarket and free bus into lazise means it’s not essential .

RoterStern
    Free Member

I would also recommend Bardolino and Lazise area. There are loads of campsites geared up for families and you can walk or cycle along the lakeside all the way to Garda which is not possible in other areas of the lake. If you go the Eurocamp route the ‘caravans’ are always further away from the lake than the camping areas but that means closer to the swimming pool. We have stayed here a few times and liked it. It’s right in the town of Lazise so it’s only a short walk to the restaurants and shops. Also we liked this place which has a better program for the kids and a big show every evening but IIRC the Eurocamp part is the other side of the main road and quite a way from the lake. Lastly you are not that far from the mountains in this part of the lake unlike the very south and there are quite a few waymarked mtb routes starting in Bardolino.

holdsteady

stayed at this one in August for 10 days with wife and kids and would certainly recommend it.

http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/campsites/italianlakes/il036-serenella/ataglance.html

We didn’t have a car so just got a cab from Verona airport (about £50 each way) Glad we didn’t have car as so many got badly damaged by a freak hailstorm one evening. There was a little supermarket on site which wasn’t horrendously over-priced and a Spar and either a Lidl or Aldi in nearby Bardolino. Didn’t do any mtbing there but hired a dutch bike which was handy for a pootle around the lake and for popping to supermarkets.

It is a great location, right on lake and walking distance from Bardolino and Garda, both nice towns in their own right and you can get boats to other places around the lake. We stayed in a static but about half the site is tents and motor homes, very few English people there, probably about 70% Dutch and 28% Germans, which was fine. Was very hot whilst we were there so air conditioning was a blessing.

jamj1974

This is where we went in 2014: Altomincio

rockhopper70

Bookmark as I might be looking at something like this for ’18.

alpin
    Free Member

I’ll let you in to a little secret….

Sirmione.

Hotel Grifone…. 5 Star views for 3 Star prices.

Stopped over at the lake on our way back from Cinque Terre in April. Found this place by chance and liked it so much we stayed another night.

jamj1974

Bardalino is lovely.

loddrik
    Free Member

This is where we went in 2014: Altomincio

Yep, we went there last year. It was excellent, kids loved it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lake Garda eurocamp type holiday recommendations’ is closed to new replies.