Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lake District Four Passes Ride (video)
  • flimbo
    Free Member

Last weekend four mates and I were spoilt by the weather in the Lake District. I’ve never known dust over there before!

The Four Passes was on the agenda for Saturday, followed by a climb up Grizedale Pike and an off-piste run back in to Whinlatter on Sunday.

On Saturday the heat was brutal which made the hike-a-bike murder but the video almost makes it look like we had fun! Not sure I’d do that route again but definitely great to tick it off the list.

https://youtu.be/9mC20A3MELA

Wookster

Cool vid!!! Like that mate nice one!

slackboy

Cool. I think I stopped for a chat with you at the bottom of scarth gap

flimbo
    Free Member

Really, Slackboy? Whereabouts? I don’t recall speaking to anybody else on bikes apart from at Black Sail Hut, but there were a few walkers I was pestering for football scores from 3pm onwards!

Hope you had a good day out?

slackboy

It was at Black Sail hut just where the Scarth Gap path comes out by the gate. On an orange cotic.

flimbo
    Free Member

Ah yeh, that was us. The hut was a lifesaver to top up water.

duir
    Free Member

Best to keep stum about any Whinlatter off piste as their policy is to fell trees all the way down anything that is even slightly more than remotely interesting. The current Lake District policy is to completely alienate MTBers by making natural technical rides into gravel covered motorways and only providing purpose built trails that are suitable for beginners.

senorj

Like button.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lake District Four Passes Ride (video)’ is closed to new replies.