Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • lairig grhu terrain ?
  • sweepy
    Free Member

A mate has asked me about biking out from Linn of dee to the corrour bothy, to meet his mrs, who is walking the LG. Hes wanting to take a hardtail with panniers, and is not a cyclist as such but is pretty fit.
    Ive never been that way, whats the best route, and how difficult is the riding?
    Thanks.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I am sure others will be able to help further on, but Linn of Dee to the Luibeg Bridge is totally rideable on anthing. From walking it a few years ago IIRC it’s partly rideable although a bit rocky round as far as where you cross the burn to the bothy

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

linn of dee to white bridge is easy landrover track,- I don’t know after that according to geograph is rough further up glen dee

http://www.geograph.org.uk/browse.php?p=709594

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I think he would be best going out past White Bridge up Glen Dee. It’s the chosen route for guided walks from Linn of Dee to Coylumbridge (through the Lairig Ghru) as it’s easier going. I can’t remember how rough it is further up though but it’s probably easier than going past Derry Lodge as it’s a gentler ascent and Glen Luibeg is steep and slabby in places. This is really making me want to get back up there this year!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘lairig grhu terrain ?’ is closed to new replies.