Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Laggan
  • Spin
    Free Member

I’d forgotten how much fun it is. That is all. 🙂

matt_outandabout

It is a grand day out. It really is.

convert

Fun fact – wolftrax was originally destined to be built at Badaguish until ptarmigan (I think it was ptarmigan, might have been another creature) were found living there. Whilst I like Laggan, I kind of wish it was at Badaguish – so much more accessible to me, and I suspect many other people.

Spin
    Free Member

(I think it was ptarmigan, might have been another creature

Capercaillie maybe?

Spin
    Free Member

wolftrax was originally destined to be built at Badaguish 

Interesting, I didn’t know that. It would have been a different beast anyway, not so much exposed rock there

convert

Capercaillie maybe?

Yep, that sounds more likely.

stanfree
    Free Member

Whilst I like Laggan, I kind of wish it was at Badaguish

Kind of the opposite for me , The laggan landscape is a way better option with all the natural rock than Badaguish. Location wise though you are definately right.

The Brown trails on the other side of the road are brilliant , especially the one from the very top with the great long rock slab with stunning views over the cairngorms.

Spin
    Free Member

The Brown trails on the other side of the road are brilliant , especially the one from the very top with the great long rock slab with stunning views over the cairngorms.

Are they easily found? I’ve been meaning to check them out for ages.

jeffl

Did it about 4 years ago whilst up that way on holiday. Used a hire bike, was really interesting riding some of the rockier parts. Different from the Peak District.

stanfree
    Free Member

Yup very easy head east about a 100 yds from the car park look for the gate and cross the road then follow the fire road up the hill to the old fort ruin and you will find 3 . The main runs even higher off the hill and wee ended up pushing to it which was horrendous but im sure there is an easy fireroad option.

Northwind

+1 for the laggan brown, so good. Worth exploring the fort too

kayak23

Love Laggan.
    Really unusually gnarly sections for a trail centre.
    So fun.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.