Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Ladybower this weekend
  • thepodge
    Free Member

Sniper scope, nothing so subtle for me. Elephant gun in the backside does the trick

hora
    Free Member

Bite my shiny metal ass

Pook

it’s only shiny cos you keep riding around the puddles.

dannyh
    Free Member

Also make sure you have a local dictionary so when someone says anything you can decode the hidden meaning and go batshit mental

So can you please clarify what you mean by ‘sensitive’?

I must have missed this in the above posts.

Interesting how you criticise me for reading too much into a vague word, but then refuse to clarify what you mean by it.

Has someone who can affect the status of the WLT bridleway complained about its condition?

Has someone who could make the decision to resurface the WLT bridleway complained about its condition?

I really do want you to put me straight over my misunderstanding of your post. Do you?

hora
    Free Member

Danny you wont get an answer until next time someone asks about a route in the peaks and WLT comes up and theres a ‘please avoid it’ comment. Its wet almost all the time. Never been up there and not seem pools/puddles…..

Until next time in Tales of the Unexpected..

Pook

i think he means it gets upset when people argue over it.

Whinstone Lee Tor, yesterday…

dannyh
    Free Member

‘please avoid it’

If it had been put like that I wouldn’t have posted a single thing……….

Pook

The way I see it, both you and Podge are pretty much of the same point of view.

The enemy is hora. Let’s kill him.

hora
    Free Member

Whinstone Lee Tor – that should go in the interesting kids name topic http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/odddifferent-childrens-names/page/2?replies=49#post-5996940

dannyh
    Free Member

The way I see it, both you and Podge are pretty much of the same point of view.

The enemy is hora. Let’s kill him.

I have just constituted my party: The Peoples’ Front for the Protection of Whinstone Lee Tor (PFPWLT). Membership 1.

NEVER, I say NEVER, confuse me with the Popular Front for the Protection of Whinstone Lee Tor. They are revisionist heretics. They are the true enemy.

thepodge
    Free Member

Give it a bloody rest will you?

According to a dictionary sensitive can also mean: subtle, delicate or complex.

Does substituting any of them into my post help explain what you think I might mean? Because I really have no idea what on earth you think I might mean.

I’m pretty sure my earlier post

WLT & CTB have suffered from erosion over the last few years significantly more than a number of alternative routes. This means that they are more likely to get resurfaced / sanitised / vandalised and as we have seen nobody wants that

would have covered it.

I have no knowledge of any issues with land owners in the area. I have never mentioned anything about landowners. You have brought landowners into the discussion.

Yours sincerely
    Bemused
    Sheffield
    xxx

Pook

There’s an aggressive grouse on Derwent Edge. Perhaps he’s the landowner

thepodge
    Free Member

I heard it was the frog mafia

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Forget the grouse, have you encountered the Geese at the top of Howden Res, bloody psychopaths (or should that be Cyclepaths 😀 😀 😀 – IGMC)

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Thread hijack time

I’m think of going Dark Peaks tomorrow in the past I have just done this route or a variation of it. But if anyone fancies company and showing me something different in the area let me know.

http://www.v-publishing.co.uk/files/downloads/VP-Kinder-All-Weather-MTB-Download.pdf

hora
    Free Member

There’s an aggressive grouse on Derwent Edge. Perhaps he’s the landowner

For some reason its been nicknamed Ninja Grouse (I kid you not two different groups of walkers said this- must be a forum somewhere discussing it..). I’ve found if you say bugger off it leaves you be.

Podge is probably on that walkers forum telling people not to walk up there 😉

Podge is one of those kisses for me?

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve gone and invented a new acronym – could come in handy for future threads about the Peaks:

“ROSETTAS”

Ride
    On
    Someone
    Else’s
    Trails
    These
    Are
    Sensitive

This may well be quite sad, but I am chuffed with that.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@dannyh – tshirts being printed as I type this. 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

Yeah, sorry about that one – I was straying into ‘being a bit of a smart-arse’ territory with the acronym, but it just came to me in a moment of (rare) lucidity.

That wraps it up for me on this thread – I’ve done my point to death anyway.

Keep riding out there folks, be grown-ups, exercise some common sense and discretion. Recognise that we can all ask each other to respect ‘local rules’ but that we cannot compel anyone to follow them.

Tracey

Looks to be brightening up so will have a wander out

Pook

edited

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Was sunny, now raining again, could be my fault, bought garden furniture. 😳

thepodge
    Free Member

TNT seem to have confused 24 hour delivery with lost in their warehouse so no riding for me till they find my new frame hence I’m off to learn why it’s ok to tell people what they can or cannot tell people but not ok to tell people stuff. I think my nerves will be a bit sensitive frayed after that.

Hornet’s nest poked, off to the library

rogerthecat
    Free Member

thepodge – Member
    Hornet’s nest poked, off to the library

The books with the big type and pictures are at the back. 😀

hora
    Free Member

Local? Anyone who lives in Sheffield isn’t local to there 😆

Was stunning out this morning in the Peaks. Bbc/met office showed their 2-1 day forcasting skills as amateur as per usual.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

If you’ve gone home, I think I’ll nip out for a ride and survey the damage. 😉

hora
    Free Member

I avoided and went off Winn hill..

BadlyWiredDog

I’m impressed, four pages of near incomprehensible drivel/dribble and no-one’s blamed Strava yet. Standards are dropping.

grum
    Free Member

I blame Strava.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Quite nice this morning though there were some big puddles.

Tracey

Just got back . The trails weren’t that bad. Loads of riders about, most of them in the Ladybower Inn mid ride.

thepodge
    Free Member

Please stop telling me it’s nice out there, I still have no new frame

Oh and nice meeting you last night Tracey, small world eh?

dannyh
    Free Member

So I guess there is still a Peak District left after today’s mass erosion event?

Anyone who rode anywhere today dodged a bullet, the weather has been nowhere near as bad as the met office made out. Sunshine, showers and a breeze. Isn’t that normal for May?

Thepodge – nightmare being stuck in, I had a trusty old frame break on me last year and it took a fortnight for me to get a new frame and build it up. I was even more grumpy than usual during my enforced downtime. Hope it sorts itself out for you.

I think I owe you a reserved apology for getting all ‘Paxman’ with you on this thread. I pushed it a bit OTT. I still think I had a point, but shouldn’t have got all sweaty about it.

Votchy, I hope you had a good ride today. If it was your first time in the dark peak did it redefine your ideas of what rocky riding can be? I often laugh at myself riding locally to me when I pick lines around rocks that would be on the best line in the peaks.

thepodge
    Free Member

haha, no probs.

hora
    Free Member

Dannyh you pussy. I thought you were with me. This is like the attack on the Deathstar, only me now left listening to Alec Guiness..

hora
    Free Member

Dannyh you pussy. I thought you were with me. This is like the attack on the Deathstar, only me now left listening to Alec Guiness..

dannyh
    Free Member

It was a reserved apology(!)

Not wanting to reheat the whole sorry saga, but I still don’t like the idea of ‘locals’ trying to deter visitors by being vague on STW. However, I got a bit ‘Paxo’ in pushing the point, and probably came across like a bit of a bore.

That is all.

Now switch off your computer and use the force. It’s the last part of Generation War at 9-30pm if you’ve been watching it.

Anyway, I’m toying with the idea of a peaks trip soon again myself, so I will have a look at the state of various bits myself. As far as I am concerned the only bit of the WLT section that could cause angst is the bit where it turns towards cutthroat bridge, just before it becomes rocky again. There are some horrendous ruts there, as well as black watered wheel swallowing holes.

hora
    Free Member

Its ok dannyh podgevader is spinning off into space

dannyh
    Free Member

Yep, but he’ll be back…..

It also poses the question – who is the Emperor. There are always two Sith.

Pook

TRAIL MAINTENANCE NEWS – DERWENT EDGE TASK FORCE TO BE DEPLOYED

Peak District MTB

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Ladybower this weekend’ is closed to new replies.