Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ladybower Best Bits – MBR route
  • jaminb
    Free Member

Planning on doing this route for the first time tomorrow – will we be ok on bikes or should we bring the canoes?

thanks

snotrag

I’ve just seen a post on FB this moment – the dam is vigorously overflwing the wall this morning, it looks VERY wet up there. Be prepared…!

steveh

Please leave for another time, the flooding in the surrounding areas is huge, we’ve had a months rainfall yesterday in a day and everything will be better left for another day.

robertpb
    Free Member

If you see Noah give him my regards.

dannyh
    Free Member

Please leave for another time, the flooding in the surrounding areas is huge, we’ve had a months rainfall yesterday in a day and everything will be better left for another day.

From a ‘trail conditions’ point of view I would just be prepared to get very wet and muddy. Trails are trails and use means they get a bit muddy from time to time. Mud in countryside shocker!

What I think Steve means is that any increase in people travelling around the area by car for whatever reason is a bit unnecessary at this specific time – if you get stuck and have to be rescued it is not a great look if you are there for ‘recreation’. Also, I imagine a road journey through the Peak will be quite frustrating at the moment.

steveh

dannyh yes that was part of what I meant but also about trail damage too. Yes trails get used and sometimes get muddy but we should all do what we can to minimise the impact our use causes and riding trails after so much rain in so little time is not going to do that.

snotrag

Yep, it will be monumentally boggy on the tops, particularly the sections directly above LadyBower.

jaminb
    Free Member

Ah balls – I thought I had chosen a route that was pretty hard packed and rocky!

Anyone got a gpx route (for that neck of the woods – staying near Ashbourne) that won’t require the rescue services or damage the Peak

thanks

jsync
    jaminb
    Free Member

thanks jsync – found the gpx and downloaded.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Blimey…
    Looks epic 😀

https://en-gb.facebook.com/STWLadybower/

Normally I’ll be resting under dam after
    final descent to the reservoir…
    Cheers!
    I.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ladybower Best Bits – MBR route’ is closed to new replies.