Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ladybirds. What are they up to?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Been finding them all over the house for months.

There was a colony of about a dozen of them cuddled up inside the mechanism for a window blind and apparently “Silent Martin” the massive Kitchen Spider also found some, as his larder in the under stairs cupboard was very well stocked. Yesterday there were a couple of them out for a stroll / cheeky crap on the kitchen worktop.

Never had multiple infestations like this before. What is going on?

jimdubleyou

Is it a children’s book convention?

Harry_the_Spider

That would be Penguins.

ads678

We had this a couple of years ago. Hoovered the **** up, dirty little feckers can apparently excrete some yellow stuff that stains things and can bite as well!!

Harlequin Ladybird infestation? Take action

cubist
    Free Member

We’ve had this the past 3 years. Starts with spotting one here and one there. Next thing you know there are 10 on a window sill every morning, then they try and take over your house.

The ones we have stink so I believe they are an invading species from Asia. I assume they are picking on me as I voted remain and they see me as a soft touch.

This Autumn my son reported finding loads in his room and when we opened the windows there were thousands of them in the mechanism and in all the gaps they could fit. I ended up hoovering them up from around all the the windows upstairs and at the front of the house. It half filled the see though cylinder on our Dyson and it stunk for days after. Felt a bit brutal killing them like that but apparently they are killing of indigenous species so in the words of Pope Jean-Paul the second f*** ’em.

Jakester
    Free Member

I assume they are picking on me as I voted remain and they see me as a soft touch.

<attempts to put laughing smiley here but can’t because the forum won’t let me>

We’re currently being invaded too. I think if you have wooden window frames they lay eggs/whatever in there over winter, and come out when the weather is better.

Houns

Waking up after hibernation

Harry_the_Spider

Waking up after hibernation

Not the ones that “Silent Martin” has caught. They’re ****ing dead.

scud
    Free Member

At least you call them Ladybirds, confused the hell out of me when I moved to Norfolk and they kept going on about Bishy Barnabys!!

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/east-anglian-words-bishy-barnabee-and-billywitch-to-be-added-to-oxford-english-dictionary-1-5500408

andybrad

getting the same but currently approaching the 100’s

joshvegas
    Free Member

Your spider is silent?

I can hear Aragog run across the floorboards!

CountZero

I can hear Aragog run across the floorboards!

At least he isn’t one of those Aussie snake-killing Red-back spiders.

senorj

I love that you have names for your spiders…silent martin.ha
    No help on the ladybugs though.

Harry_the_Spider

Your spider is silent?

He doesn’t say much.

unovolo
    Free Member

Silent Martin and the Ladybird Larder

This sounds like a epics kids storybook.

Harry_the_Spider

This sounds like a epics kids storybook.

It was like something out of Aliens. Crusty little ladybird husks tangled in a web. Silent Martin lurking in the shadows, silently.

nickc

If Silent Martin is very big for a spider then it’s more likely to be Silent Mary.

Harry_the_Spider

Who knows? I’m not going to get close enough to check.

Beginning to suspect that the car that is parked outside is hers though.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Ladybirds. What are they up to?’ is closed to new replies.