Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • (lady) Runnists – Recomendations for a ladies running jacket
  • IHN

For ‘er indoors.

She’s after a jacket for running and she’s a pretty keen runner (mainly 5/10k’s, occasional half-marathons and yearly marathon).

She’s after some thing windproof, obviously, and ideally waterproof, but is really concerned about breathability – she gets really warm when running and doesn’t want any boil-in-the-bag.

Ideas from amy runnists?

mrblobby
    Free Member

The Gore ones are always worth a look. I got mrs blobby the zip off sleeve one.

Though pretty much everything does end up a bit boil in the bag when you get warmed up. If she’s a serious runner then a gillet is a better option.

IHN

cheers.

Anyone know/use any eVent running stuff? I really rate it for biking.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone know/use any eVent running stuff? I really rate it for biking.

I’m a massive eVent fan, as with you it’s the best out there on a bike. However, for running, I’m less keen on the need for waterproofing, more for windproof and breathable.

Something like this, perhaps – http://www.montane.co.uk/products/women/windproof/featherlite-marathon-jacket/220

IHN

Cheers Flashy, I’ll pass that on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, and if you have to shop online, I recommend this lot very highly – http://www.gearforgirls.co.uk/jackets-coats-gillets/

surfer
    Free Member

As the Captain said. I run a lot and also I get quite hot so a couple of layers is best in the cold and only wear a jacket if it is bitter.
    Waterproof fabrics are much better than they used to be but they never breathe enough to let the moisture out, when walking maybe but not running IME. They are expensive and you end up getting just as wet with sweat.
    I would say go for a breathable windproof, Gore being my favourite.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘(lady) Runnists – Recomendations for a ladies running jacket’ is closed to new replies.