Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Ladies HT recommendations
  • couchy
    Free Member

The good lady is still riding her 2006 Claud Butler HT mtb. It’s done a good job but as our 6 yr old daughter gets faster on her lightweight little bike the old CB is proving hard work. She’ll only ever ride on easy trails and has a budget of around £600. The old CB was a £250 bike and weighs 14kg. We’d like a bike that’s lighter or at least the same weight.
    Appreciate all bikes are in short supply so we’ll wait if we have too. So is it possibly to get a sub 14kg bike for £600 ?

matt_outandabout

So is it possibly to get a sub 14kg bike for £600 ?

Yes.

I sold a Trek Superfly, full SLX, Reba and tubeless at 18/2yrsmths old for £600 last year.
    Prior to that I sold a fellow forumite a Cannondale F900SL (26er wheels) for £225.
    I sold my Deore/fox F32/Magura Braked/hope wheeled Sanderson Breath for £400.
    All likely around 11-12kg.

Currently, that’s a tough ask though.

What size is she looking for?

danmac
    Free Member

Watching this one closely as my other half had taken quite a shining to the singletrack and countryside bimbles out, but finding it uncomfortable on an oversized under spec’d muddyfox shes borrowed. Current climate is making finding her a half decent bike near impossible though so I feel your pain OP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Ladies HT recommendations’ is closed to new replies.