Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ladies cycle shorts for hot climates
  • FionaT
    Free Member

Hi

I’m an infrequent cyclist at home but I’m going on a cycle holiday in southeast Asia. Does anyone have any recommendations for ladies shorts that would provide effective padding that won’t add too much sweatiness to what will already be a very hot and humid environment? Lycra, baggies or just undergarments with my own lightweight and light coloured shorts? Does anyone have any similar experience / advice? Ta.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Triathlon shorts tend to be shorter than most cycling shorts, with less padding. I’ve got a Pearl Izumi pair I use on their own or with baggies over the top and they’er my favourite shorts. I wore them for Bristol Bikefest (12hr race) and it was quite warm then, they were spot on, very nice to wear.

rootes1

Groundeffect make a nice range of shorts in mesh under shorts

see mesh liner on:

http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/products-WOM.htm

they are very helpful (email to ask / confirm sizing etc), clothes are well made and delivery quick with customs etc prepaid

alpinegirl
    Free Member

I’ve got the groundeffect shorts mentioned above. They are quite good but for hot climates I still find them a bit sweaty. The best (in my opinion) would be just cycling lycra shorts. The fabric of baggies seems to be quite un-breathable whereas sweat evaporates fairly well from lycra. If you’re doing continuous days riding take at least 2 pairs so you can wash them each night and dry them out the following day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ladies cycle shorts for hot climates’ is closed to new replies.