ladies and ladles – how do you find them?

Home Forum Bike Forum ladies and ladles – how do you find them?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • ladies and ladles – how do you find them?
  • and not the ‘in the utensil draw’ variety, looking for a new saddle and was looking at the charge spoon or ladle.

Any girls have any experience of either

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Subscriber

Now the charge for me was uncomfortable, however my friend loves them.
    Case of borrowing and trying out. Specialized are the brand I prefer.

Premier Icon lapierrelady
    Subscriber

+1 for the charge ladle; I have one on road and mtb as I figure my arse benefits from not swapping between positions. If only saddles could be try before you buy! Agree with bunnyhop about borrow and try…otherwise trial and error gets expensive.

legolam

I’m not a massive fan of the ladle. It’s OK for short periods on the MTB but anything longer than a couple of hours starts to get uncomfortable. My most comfortable saddle is a Spesh BG something in 155 width – I think the ladle is just a little too narrow for me (it’s quoted as 153mm wide).

Premier Icon Normal Man
    Subscriber

My wife has one on her road bike and rates it highly.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

My OH has them on her MTB & road bike, happily will do 100k plus in them & hasn’t complained

Premier Icon lapierrelady
    Subscriber

On another note, I had a selle italila with the cut out once. Lasted 1 ride…never again!

Premier Icon ART
    Subscriber

Like em, have several and ride distances no problem. Plus they are good value so fine to replace when worn or subject to the inevitable scrapes etc. Saddle are so personal 😉 you just need to try one and see.

Premier Icon barnun
    Subscriber

The Ladle is fantastic, I’ve got one on all of my bikes.

mindmap3

My other half loves hers. She’s been through various saddles inc WTB ladies specific jobbies and struggled with them all but is fine with the Charge.

emsz

I’ve got a canondale raven on mine, have previously had a Bel Air which was ok.

hammyuk

Message Missnotax – she will know where for certain

gogg

If only saddles could be try before you buy!

My LBS runs a set of demo SDG Saddles

Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

The wife is very happy with hers

the utensil draw

Please, and sorry, but it’s ‘drawer’.

So sorry user removed – I didn’t mean to get your drawers in a twist 😉

I currently have a bel air on my mtb and the saddle that came with my croix de fer, neither quite right and I have been pondering changing them but it is hard to decide. And harder for girls to just borrow one – all my biking friends are male so not likely to be able to loan a ladle

Will see if anyone local does them on a try before you buy basis

julzm

I have a fizik vesta. Gear support and all day comfort (and I’ve got a big ass!). Did the demo thing with dales Glasgow beforehand. I had a fizik go I before that and the difference is night and day. I fact I had reason to ride the other bike with the gobi on it and ’twas torture. It’s definitely trial and error though so demo definitely recommended.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ladies and ladles – how do you find them?’ is closed to new replies.