• This topic has 131 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Mat.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Ladies advice please – my boyfriend doesn’t like mountain biking!
  • sharki
    Free Member

winner………but not him it seems!

foxylaydee
    Free Member

no, its a spicy 😈

zaskar
    Free Member

So 9/10 isn’t bad eh?

You went out for a few months and knew this?

Maybe he should do something with his weekends? he wants attention so he makes you feel guilty and you avoid him…

Talk to him not the dam forum!

Have you seen the face of women dragged along by the guy on a mtb ride-you can tell who enjoys it and hates it.

My Gf won’t ride a bike for England, so what? as long as everything else is ok. She’s a psychologist and I’m a bichemist-we’re different in some areas but our values are the same.

You don’t what you’ve got till its gone.

Dump him and go out with a fat bloke from STW forum…so he’ll ride with you-maybe but he’s fat, has issues and as kind as Saddam and masculine as the Mr Muscle cleaner ads.

He also posts on the forum all day…

Communication is needed for both of you. Riding is your thing and he should have his own thing too. Myabe swap once in a while?

Work it out together and share!

Hope you sort it out.

sharki
    Free Member

Hmmmm, loving the spicy’s.

Saw a wsd lappy last week, very pretty and gurly

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Dump him and go out with a fat bloke from STW forum…so he’ll ride with you-maybe but he’s fat, has issues and as kind as Saddam and masculine as the Mr Muscle cleaner ads.

Who hell he?

hora
    Free Member

Dump him and go out with a fat bloke from STW forum…so he’ll ride with you-maybe but he’s fat, has issues and as kind as Saddam and masculine as the Mr Muscle cleaner ads

Pretty accurate. Must add has problems/anger issues with women due to previous experiences.

foxylaydee
    Free Member

sharki- yea mine is wsd…..it is sublime 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

Pic faylaydee? (of the bike, not the man)

soobalias
    Free Member

is he dumped yet?

im not kind, sexy or particularly masculine, but feel free to add me to the end of your current list.

foxylaydee
    Free Member

I dont have a pic of it yet taken on the trail -as i landed on my camera 2 weeks ago and it broke 🙁 Looked like this in the shop though :

soobalias
    Free Member

that pic requires a background
    it looks a bit spookey otherwise.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Nice 🙂

hora
    Free Member

The LaPierre looks VERY similar to my Chumba XCL!

hora
    Free Member

This is my colour as well 😀

hora
    Free Member

Oh hang on. downtube-shock mount

foxylaydee
    Free Member

Right, away to my spinning class(which by the way he hates too!) will let you know how it works out later 🙂 Thanks guys x

crazy-legs

Everyone has lost interest in the relationship stuff now that a pic of a nice bike has been posted and we can go back to talking suspension! 😉

JulianA
    Free Member

Erm, getting the impression here that he doesn’t want you to do anything of your own…

lollipop
    Free Member

Tell him you’re going to quit riding and take up baking, needle point, and other domestic duties instead, so he can come back to a nice tidy house and some home cooking after a weekend with the boys. If his face lights up and he likes the idea, dump him and send him home to his mum.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Wunundred!

foxylaydee
    Free Member

Hi
    Update is before i got to say what i wanted to, he implied that if i left him on his own at weekends to go biking(he said again that he didnt want to go with me)then he’d go out and get his leg over something other than a bike!! He then asked me if that was a ‘risk i was willing to take’. Erm… so to cut a long story short i told him to f*ck off! Not very ladylike i know but i was shocked at his audacity and suddenly felt the need to punch his lights out so left before i wasted any more energy on the loser.
    So, tomorrow is another day and i intend to ride my bike – a little harder than usual 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ve had a close escape if you ask me foxylaydee

The bloke obviously has some issues regarding self confidence and self control, not the kind of thing you’d really wish to associate yourself with ideally I have no doubt! Certainly there’s nothing more off putting to me than a girl who has self confidence issues, and over compensates by actively attracting any male attention that she can get.

By the way, you sound like a top lass, but even more than that, I WANT A GO ON YOUR LAPIERRE!!! 😛

So if you’re ever south of the border, do be sure to let me know before hand 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

After SFB’s post I feel soiled

s’OK nickc, you’re not my type 🙂

Everyone has lost interest in the relationship stuff now that a pic of a nice bike has been posted

er, no! Bikes are well boring 🙁 Riding now…

hora – Member Someone mentioned sex?

could you doubt it ??

hora
    Free Member

SFB I will allow you to say ANYTHING. As long as I never see that picture of you naked again. Thats not an invite either (shudders).

soobalias
    Free Member

yay for foxylaydee,

another close shave making you wiser in the long run.
    for me it could only have ended better if you had punched his lights out

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB I will allow you to say ANYTHING

“allow”, that’s funny 🙂

foxylaydee
    Free Member

I was just about to post a thread on the bike forum to see if anyone is in my area at the weekend but thought better of it since it would look like i was after a bloke 🙂 I wish i knew more women riders 🙁

flyingmonkeycorps

Me too!

singletrackmind

Well done you. He sounds like a complete to**er.

” If you go out on your bike I will find something else to ride”

Jesus.

He should have been over the moon to go out with a young , fit , fast, lady. Its his loss. Sounds like he wants a pathetic little woman he can dominate. Looooooooser
    Nice bike by the way. Carbon Mech protector…oohh eeerrrrr

See, the wisdom of the STW massiv will help in all social, work and relationship matters.

TAke care tomorow , .- He’s not worth it

foxylaydee
    Free Member

thanks singletrackmind 🙂

CountZero

Yay, go girl! Came late to this thread and I was rather hoping this would be the outcome. Reading between the lines I had a feeling there was a control freak just itching to get out. I’ve seen similar behaviour with blokes a couple of my exes hitched up with, one of the blokes was a psychologist and a really manipulative piece of work, but fortunately intervention by friends stopped things getting nasty. Not to say your fella was as nasty as this one turned out to be, but anyone who will use that kind of emotional blackmail needs to be got rid of immediately, which you’ve done. I checked your profile as well, and thought ‘wow perfect’, until I got to the word Aberdeen. Dreck! The 450 mile commute would just get in the way of some great riding. Hope you find someone who appreciates you for who you are and not what he wants you to be.
    Meanwhile I just keep on hoping I’ll meet someone like you who enjoys being out in the countryside on a bike with someone who shares that enjoyment. Best wishes to you, have a great weekend.

soobalias
    Free Member

just grab yourself a new login and post up as an overweight slow bastid thats only in the area for a day……
    you will still get offers from people who just like to ride bikes.

foxylaydee
    Free Member

CountZero – thats sweet , thanks 🙂

crazy-legs

Top work there foxy, sounds like you had a lucky escape.
    Now go out and ride, biking is a fantastic thing for stress relief! Enjoy your weekend free from control freaks. 😉

hora
    Free Member

Perspective- If I met a girl that was really into the kiting scene I’d be actually interested to hear about it and understand the parrallels (I have a mate into it and its zzZZZ to me- but I can see his passion and why etc). I most certaintly wouldnt expect her to stop going kiting on Sat and do a couple-centred activity instead. Thats unfair.

To alot of people (especially my non-biking bestmate), cycling is a dull geography-teacher activity however my bestmate (who loves drugs, DJing and his stand up understands how I let down my hair. Live and let live FFS.

hitman
    Free Member

As soon as I read the title of this post I started to laugh in anticipation at the sort of responses you’d get – took til someting like the 3rd post before someone said choose me!!

Now back to read the whole lot

juan
    Free Member

foxy (its very weird to call someone else than FC foxy specially for me) have a go on shecycle if you want to ride with girls. Or as said, post on the bike forum saying yo are on beered belly midle agged men.
    But then if you are after a nice fit bloke I am sure you just have to ask on here, plenty will be willing to help, algough I’ll pass as I won’t fit your addiction

hitman
    Free Member

read the posts – surprising outcome
    for what its worth I don’t think you have to be into the same past times as your partner but you certainly should’nt resent them for doing what they enjoy
    good luck with finding your ideal man

Kit
    Free Member

Hi foxy, someone mentioned Aberdeen… do you know the trails round there? I’ve moved up there for a few months from Edinburgh and looking for some local knowledge. Mind if I drop you an email?

Well done and getting rid of your man – no compromises is what I say!

NZCol

I couldn’t have gone out with (and subsequently married) someone who didn’t totally support my adventure racing, biking and generally outdoors fetishes. She has similar likes but also has a whole set of different hobbies that I will never get into (choir, violin etc) but she will make sure that I have time to train, makes it really easy for me to travel overseas to race etc and thats because its a respect thing.
    The fella you had there is whats called a common garden twunt of the lesser spotted variety…get looking for a more normal one.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Ladies advice please – my boyfriend doesn’t like mountain biking!’ is closed to new replies.