Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ladies 29er/urban bikes
  • Marmoset
    Free Member

I’m just starting to look at a new bike for my better half and am struggling to find something that fits the bill. It will be predominantly used on bike paths etc but with some off road use when required (nothing too rad mind)

Rack mounts a must and even some mudguard mounts if possible. Was thinking to set it up with some slicks/semi slick tyres and then throw on some of my more aggressive tyres if need be.

I’m thinking 29er as my wife is tall and doesn’t like to be stretched out with a low front end. “Fitness” bikes also seem to be 700c so lose some of that adaptability I’m after.

So far I’ve seen the Cannondale Tango SL which seems to fit the bill but its pretty hard to peg my requirements to one particular bracket so I am having trouble finding other models.

Has anyone been through the same kind of selection process? If so, what did you go for?

scotroutes

Have a look at the Cube range. They do a whole series of mens and womens bikes in exactly the style you mention, most have disk brakes too. You’ll find them here http://www.cube.eu/en/bikes/tour/

paul_m

Take a look at the Isla bikes, they do an adults 29er. Friends wife has one and loves it

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Alu Merida Big Nine’s have rack/guard mounts. Should be readily available in Oz.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Cheers all, some good suggestions.

I’ll check out the Meridas Adam, I tell ‘ em an axe wielding rad shop owner sent me 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ladies 29er/urban bikes’ is closed to new replies.