• This topic has 14 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by aP.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • La Marmotte (dark side content)
  • hh45
    Free Member

Do you need a medical certificate for this? I did for the etape and whilst I can’t find any mention of such a requirement on the website I don’t want trouble when we try to register.

Cheers

hh45

aP
    Free Member

I understand that you do have to produce one this year, although last year they’d accept a BC race license as well.
    Must be about 3 weeks away now?

Smee
    Free Member

Yes. And it is mentioned on the site too.

hh45
    Free Member

Cheers Guys (I assume you are guys?), I’ll re-read that website. I do actually have a very under used BC licence.

Its 4 weeks saturday.

Smee
    Free Member

It’s less that 4 weeks away BTW – 4th July.

Looking forward to it hugely, but apprehensive at the same time.

aP
    Free Member

The 2 descents on the climb of the Glandon would be pretty demoralising if you didn’t know they were there.
    Oh, and don’t do too much work up the valley to the Telegraph, I did and regretted it on the Alpe d’Huez.

trail_rat
    Free Member

least you got plenty miles in the legs eh smee …. smee doesnt work for people … smee rides for smee… and smee alone …

Smee
    Free Member

Draughting is for the weak.

trail_rat
    Free Member

if there was anyone still around you to draft you might have stood a chance of draughting us 😉

Smee
    Free Member

I was giving you all a head start.

aP
    Free Member

Does that mean you’ll be leading out the sprint to Allemont then?
    What numbers are you?

trail_rat
    Free Member

just to point out im no racing …. im just winding smee up after him giving me rise at recent 2 and 300k audaxes about how he was gonna kick my arse ….

Smee
    Free Member

Nah – I’ll just be spinning away at my own pace and see what happens on the day. No – 677.

mingsta
    Free Member

Yeah we had to produce medical certificates when we applied for entry in 2007. Basically just a statement from the doctor to say that you’re not likely to keel over and die from the exertion.

Having experienced riding up L’alpe D’huez on the day in 42 degree heat, I can safely say that all the medical certificates in the world don’t mean squat, judging by the number of people broken and fainting that I saw at the road side as I cruised majestically up the alpe with my 500 watts of silky smooth power output (or maybe not).

aP
    Free Member

677? reasonably early start then.
    Last year up the Alpe d’Huez there was a bloke who started convulsing at the side of the road [gulp], although the one armed, one legged man was pretty inspirational.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘La Marmotte (dark side content)’ is closed to new replies.