Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • L200 Warrior experiences
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Anyone here ever own one?

Anything to say about them?

drlex
    Free Member

No direct experience, but a chap at work had one and rated it as reliable. His comment was that it was better to drive when loaded.
    I can offer also this comparison:
    A body engineer from Land Rover goes on an exchange visit to Mitsubishi in Japan and watches the engineers developing the latest L200 Warrior bodyshell. He notices that on the workbench they have a cat in a small cage and he asks what it’s for.
    The Japanese engineer tells him when they have finished a Warrior design, they lock a cat in it and go home. If the cat is dead when they return in the morning they know the shutlines on the doors are up to their high standards.
    The LR guy likes this idea and when he gets back to Solihull, he takes a cat to work and locks it in a Defender and goes home for the night. When he returns in the morning, the cat is gone.

IGMC

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I had an old shape one from new and it was very reliable and robust, sold it for a new Navara which cost me £2k to get it through its first MOT at 36k miles.

Shit to drive when empty

joolsburger
    Free Member

My BIL has had one for about 6 years he replaces them about every 2 years. He has the warrior version with the leather and toys.

I’ve driven them both (last model and new one) a fair bit.

He bought them because the rear load bed is rated for a metric ton. This means that they are very bouncy when unloaded and not all that comfortable however, carries a ton eh as my kiwi BIL says. It quite a nice place to be and is pretty well equipped for a ute, diesel consumption isn’t bad at all well over 35mpg on a run. Worst thing that really does piss me off every time I get in it is the door is really small and I smack my head on the frame. New one has been reliable but he complains the servicing is steep.

crosshair
    Free Member

I had a double cab 4life from new. It was lovely to drive on the road. Ironically, mud terrains improved the grip in the wet on road as the softer compound actually gripped. (The back ends are a bit flighty otherwise).

It had the standard UJ and drive shaft issues each year but all my work vehicles do.

The body panels dent if you look at them the wrong way 😆

Boss offered me another new one after three years but I chose an 11 plate 110 Landy instead.

Defender
    Free Member

Going by the ones we had at work, I wouldn’t go near one, had too many quality related issues, so we now have Toyota HiLux’s, also the lease company doesn’t offer L200’s any more either.
    The flywheel dropped off the crankshaft and rear diff failed on ours, another department had to have the engine replaced at quite a low mileage along with rear diff issues also.
    The Toyota’s have had nothing other than bulbs and servicing so far, 3+ years in.

dmck16
    Free Member

Based on a family friends experience I wouldn’t touch one.

He had one of the previous generation double cab models from new and it was constantly back at Mitsubishi. Most of the issues seemed to be regarding the suspension and steering.

It wasn’t worked hard either – occasionally dropping off flat pack furniture and some building materials.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘L200 Warrior experiences’ is closed to new replies.