Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • fraochmor
    Free Member

I am planning a trip to Kyrgyzstan this summer – does anyone know of a hotel in or near Bishkek where we can store 2 bike cases for about 2 and half weeks? Also, can anyone suggest a fairly reliable local van and driver/transport company to get us into and out of the area we want to cycle?

Thanks

qwerty
    Free Member

Maybe ping Nelson Trees via IG?

5lab

Iron horse nomads are pretty well equipped for most travellers needs, give them a shout I expect they’ll help you out. Or just rent a car off them for as long as you need? We had a niva which was terrible, but good fun

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fraochmor
    Free Member

Thought about trying to contact Nelson Trees but thought he must get fed job with random people wanting to pick his brains!

jamiecj
    Free Member

I’d recommend the Silk Road Mountain Race discussion group on Facebook for all things Kyrgyzstan-related. Before the race this year I stayed in the Garden Hotel in Bishkek and they were happy to store a bike box for two weeks for me (for free). It was easy to organise taxis via the hotel front desk, depends how far you’re travelling but taxi travel is pretty cheap for relatively long distances.

It’s an amazing country, you’ll love it!

WildHunter2009

We stayed in the Apple Hostel and they were super helpful and friendly so maybe message them on FB or Instagram? If your stuck PM me as I have a friend at the American university there who is heavily involved in the outdoors society and seems to no everybody and everything.

fraochmor
    Free Member

Thanks everyone – I’ll look up Garden Hotel, Apple Hostel and the discussion group. That’s a great start. I have sketched out a route based on the race but missing out the Kegety pass as it may be too much for me right at the start of the trip (and I want to use gravel bikes rather than mtn bikes)and not going right down to the Chinese border but cutting back to Naryn and up and over the mountains to Lake Issky Kul – some of it looks a bit sketchy (for gravel bikes!)from what i can see on Google street view photos so I will ask in the discussion group or the American University contact.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kyrgyzstan’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts