Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Kwik Fit give excellent customer service
  • Edric64
    Free Member

I didn`t expect this.I took my car to a local tyre place to get the wheels balanced to get told both front tyres were on the wire on the inside.They had only been on since the end of November when Kwikfit put them on and did the tracking.155 quid and two new tyres later I phone Kwikfit in Weston Super Mare to politely point out that the lad must have messed my tracking up and I was instantly offered a full refund.So a big round of applause for Matt at Kwikfit in Weston Super Mare who took one look at the old tyres when I went back and gave me 115 quid back 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

Erm if you paid £155 and got £115 back that isnt a full refund in my book.

avdave2

Erm if you paid £155 and got £115 back that isnt a full refund in my book.

Or his typing is as bad as their tracking.

10pmix
    Free Member

Funny, I had a good customer experience at KF last week too. Tyre fitted in no time and very friendly and attentive service. It’s hard to believe but it’s true. Perhaps the times they are a changing…

But the best thing about KF is always the people that come in to reception while you’re waiting. In 10 mins I saw:

A man ask if they would drive to his car a mile away to change the wheel (“Er no Sir its the RAC you want”)

A woman ask if her exhaust was really necessary and if they could just take the old one off she could be on her way without it.

A young lady burst into tears because the service they had done on her car had not repaired all the rust.

You can’t get better…

wwaswas

A young lady burst into tears because the service they had done on her car had not repaired all the rust.

bless.

flyingmonkeycorps

I read that the NEW tyres cost £155 and the old ones (that weren’t set up properly) were refunded at £115 – which I imagine is what they cost.

Taff
    Free Member

The place I get tyres from is a bit like a Kwik Fit now and before some bloke turned up with a 1.4 golf with 19″ alloys and big bore exhaust saying he needed new tyres… he thought the speed rating meant that it would make the car go faster. Funnier still was the guy entertained us all for a few minutes by saying that he could get an extra 20mph out of it

avdave2

I read that the NEW tyres cost £155 and the old ones (that weren’t set up properly) were refunded at £115 – which I imagine is what they cost.

This is no place for people who read things properly and think before posting.

andyl
    Free Member

that is pretty good service there. Maybe they have had a few complaints about the fitter or the machine was bent.

Legoman
    Free Member

my local KF have twice repaired punctures for free – that’s secured them my loyal custom for many years.

sadly last time I went in there seemed to be a new guy in charge with crappy attitude, so I walked.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

+1 to all that. local KF are very happy to help, they rememeber me each time (or appear to) and the repeat business seems to be appreciated.

MadPierre

All my experiences of KF in recent years have been good.

batfink
    Free Member

I’ve had the misfortune to have to use KF several times in the last year of so (leaseplan make me go there).
    The customer service seems to vary massively depending on the branch: Farnborough (extremely unhelpful and downright rude), Bracknell (cheerful, but unhelpful “sorry mate, we close in 45 mins, can you bring it back tomorrow?”), Camberley (helpful, polite, quick). There is also a mobile KF fitter that comes to our office – he’s really good: fast, helpful, polite.

molgrips
    Free Member

The service is good – they seem to have carte blanche from management to replace or refund anything no questions, which is a fine policy. The quality of the work could be a bit better mind sometimes, but that’s true for many garages.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

My local KF were always very good when I used them when I was a coMpany car user.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bracknell (cheerful, but unhelpful “sorry mate, we close in 45 mins, can you bring it back tomorrow?”)

Humphreys or the actualy KuickFit?

batfink
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon: Looked like an actual kwikfit….. next to the KFC. i wouldn’t have minded if they had a workshop full of cars – but I could only see one other.

dee66
    Free Member

Bracknell ones been Kwik Fit for ages. Sign might still say Humphreys.
    They do seem to vary a lot.
    Personally I’ll never use them ever again. Had a puncture repair, took it back as it was still losing air. I’d checked the tyre over before going but their fitter found a nail in it. A very fresh shiny nail which there was no way it had been driven on. Not the sort of service you want.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I just went through a saga with one in Southampton….

Visit 1 (booked time) 1+1/2 hours to be told tyres not in stock…
    Visit 2 (booked time) 2 hours to fit 2 tyres 😈

If I had a choice I would never use them again…..

retro83
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member
    I didn`t expect this.I took my car to a local tyre place to get the wheels balanced to get told both front tyres were on the wire on the inside.They had only been on since the end of November when Kwikfit put them on and did the tracking.155 quid and two new tyres later I phone Kwikfit in Weston Super Mare to politely point out that the lad must have messed my tracking up and I was instantly offered a full refund.So a big round of applause for Matt at Kwikfit in Weston Super Mare who took one look at the old tyres when I went back and gave me 115 quid back

Good that they sorted you out no questions asked, but still a bit of a bugger TBH. You could have been up pooh creek if a policeman had noticed before you did, not to mention if they’d failed at speed.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

im very lucky, my brother is a branch manager. i always get priority treatment.

but on the whole most of the guys are very helpful.

maybe im biased

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Kwik Fit give excellent customer service’ is closed to new replies.