Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Kuwait airways & aiport
  • MSP

Has anyone flown with them, they are by far the cheapest option available for me to fly to Asia, just wondering why that is and if there are potential problems?

jimmy748

Don’t know about the Airline but if It’s as bad as the Airport I wouldn’t bother

Murray

I used to fly there monthly ten year ago. The airport was fine if a bit small. Pre-paying for the visa used to allow you to jump the queue at immigration.

MSP

I won’t be going to Kuwait, just a changeover there, but it is about 7 hours in the airport.

Murray

You’ll be bored then unless you like buying gold, watches or drinking coffee!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

7 hour stopover?

It better be a really cheap ticket.

dantsw13

Try looking at other EU carriers with a change at their main base – often cheaper than direct.

peekay

Flew with them to India a few years ago, changing in Kuwait l.

They were a lot cheaper than the other options.

Planes were a bit tatty, with in flight entertainment working on only one of the four of their planes that formed part of the round trip.

5hr wait in Kuwait was a chore, with nothing to do.

Flight crew and all airport staff were friendly and helpful.

Airline and airport is dry.

For what we paid,  I can’t complain.

MSP

It is 400 euros return to Manila, next cheapest is 630.

Most of the stopovers are at least 3 hours.

dantsw13

3 hr stopover – about Right

7 hr stopover – 4 hrs of sitting on an airport chair.

johnx2
    Free Member

I’ve flown them, a few years ago, Lanka surf trip there and back. Pros are:

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>- you can adjust early to third world conditions;</span>

– cheap, obviously;

– hell of a relief to get where you’re going, even Heathrow:

– get to meet loads of happy and excited domestic staff flying home from gulf state employ.

Cons:

– they like to giggle and sing, don’t sleep, and are highly amused by annoyed looking sunburnt middle-aged westerners;

– the clock may have those stopovers as five hours or whatever, but they’re still going on somewhere.

lunge

I flew with them around 10 years ago to New York and they were fine, I don’t remember any issues, food was good, service fine, I’d fly with them again if the price was right.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 0.8rem;”>3 hr stopover – about Right</span>
    <p style=”margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444;”>7 hr stopover – 4 hrs of sitting on an airport chair.”</p>

Even in the fLounge 7 hours would be too long.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep 5hrs in the gold Singapore one was too much last night especially if there are no showers etc I’ve done 7 in Syd domestic lounge which would have been even worse in a dull terminal.

dantsw13

…….In a dry country! 😳

dantsw13

But €400 return to Manila is bonkers cheap.

From someone in the industry, there is no safety reason not to fly with them.

hugo
    Free Member

Kuwait airport is a s***hole.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Actually, 7 hours in The Pier fLounge would be waaaaay too long.

Given the way they pour!

It is a super cheap fare, though. Bargainous, even.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Kuwait airways & aiport’ is closed to new replies.