Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kuhl trousers
  • properbikeco
    Free Member

Whats the STW consensus on these? Wanting them for smart casual and general messing about in – they look a smarter tougher version of denim.

Any styles better for others and what is sizing like. Also any alternatives that aren’t as spendy.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 pairs of trousers, and a pair of shorts. All bought in the sales when massively reduced. Sizing is generous (IMO) around the waist, but OK in length – I’m 30″ waist, 32″ leg and the heavier canvas pair develop a crease of excess material in the waistband in the middle of my back that’s uncomfortable when driving for any length of time.

In line, it seems, with most canvas trousers – the cuffs have frayed after a couple of years where they rub on my shoe laces. Otherwise all good. Deep pockets which is nice – can get a smart phone in a chunky case in and not have it stab me in the nads when I squat down (and the knee and crotch articulation is good too).

sweepy
    Free Member

They look tough but don’t last in my experience.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Vader
    Free Member

Ive had a pair of ryders and a pair of revolvrs I think – the heavy ones and the light ones.

Fit was ok in the heavy ones, true to size. The lighter ones I thought a bit shallow waist to crotch so slightly uncomfortable sitting I found – driving for example, and also more tapered in the leg. Wear in the heavyweight was as described above – frayed bottom hem and heel area. The lighter ones fared better but neither are workware.

I wouldnt describe them as smart casual, the heavyweight ones looked beaten up very quickly with faded in creases after a couple of washes. That said I will get another pair at some point rather than denim jeans

colournoise

I like them. A bit spendy but comfy and my couple of pairs are lasting well (although admittedly I don’t wear them for anything ‘active’). Got a couple of pairs of their ‘outdoor’ shorts too and they’re ace.

Pieface

Very generous sizing, the dye washed out of my canvas Strydrs badly leaving them looking a bit dossy, maybe I got unlucky.

Material is heavyweight so not great in the heat. The mobile phone pocket is a nice touch.

I wouldn’t buy them again

Philby

This…frayed at the bottom of the leg and round the top of the pockets, also worn a hole in one of the pockets. Seem to be more image than substance.

z1ppy

I have three pairs, covering most of the heavier weighed material models, again all bought when discounted, as alteratives to jeans for general dossing, not working. I like them, they’re lasted better than anything else I’ve owned, which admitted were mainly jeans. They’ve all faded (They do recommend a cold wash), are fraying at the bottom, & the same pocket has a hole in all three (keys caused it, before you start insinuating anything), but they’re several years old, so I’m not sure what ppl expect. I’m going to have the pockets repaired, as I’m not buying new trousers just they’re Faded/fraying /the pocket wore out. Oh & my g/f absolutely detests them for some reason, but I’ll buy them again, unless I find something better

What have you used that’s lasted longer?

winston
    Free Member

Big fan of the Ambush shorts. Have 4 pairs in rotation and tend to live in them from April to October.

Also had a pair of stupidly named ‘the Law’ trousers which lasted pretty well but are fraying on the cuffs now. They are several years old though and have been worn a lot.

Problem is the snaps that hold the waist together are a bit hit and miss. Really irritating if every time you bend over they pop open. For this reason I won’t buy any more.

sweepy
    Free Member

What have you used that’s lasted longer?

Pretty much everything I.ve ever bought to be honest. I’ve had one lighter weight pair that frayed, ripped, and the pockets fell out. And two pairs of the heavy ones that faded, frayed, ripped, and the pockets fell out.
    They looked nice for a while but not long enough and the heavy ones in particular always looked filthy, even just out of the wash. I had more than one person ask me if they were waxed cotton.
    Its not like im terribly hard on clothes either, I’m sat here now in a pair of Alteras cheapest baggies that i’ve been wearing on heavy rotation for ten odd years, with the pockets still in.

onehundredthidiot

I like them. Pretty comfortable. Two things to note are firstly they come in different fits. I’ve one pair that are snug and one pair that are a more comfort fit.
    Secondly wash them inside out. It’ll reduce the weird wash effect you get.

Philby

Stood in the bakery earlier and put my hand in my back pocket of my Kuhls to get my wallet out and felt something like a small hole. Got back home to find there was a horizontal rip in line with the top of the back pocket. Won’t be rushing to buy another pair – I’ve had chinos and jeans for longer and had more frequent use which are still going strong.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kuhl trousers’ is closed to new replies.