Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • KTM bike camping saddle bag
  • sandwicheater

Looks like they are back in stock;

http://www.ktmbikes.eu/ktm-bikes/eshop/4-1-CYCLING-ACCESSORIES/38-2-BAGS/5/1023-KTM-Saddle-Bag-Tour-XL-18L

Has anyone used them and have any reviews? Couldn’t find anything on line and they looks massive. But for £30, cheap!

damascus
    Free Member

I’ve got one. Wobbles a bit as it is long but so far so good. For the money you can’t really go wrong.

sandwicheater

Cheers damascus.

Can you role the end down to reduce the length if say, you only carry a sleeping bag in it?

How do you find it’s waterproof qualities? Need a dry bag also?

damascus
    Free Member

It’s thick material so it will only roll down so far. I store my tent and sleeping mat in it. It’s not waterproof so you need a dry bag or cover if you want to keep it dry.

It has an internal strap to keep everything secure.

damascus
    Free Member

This is my bike with the ktm saddle bag and waterproof cover. The bikes xl 29er to give you scale.

belugabob
    Free Member

@Damascus – where did you get the waterproof cover from?

I just use a dry bag inside mine.

damascus
    Free Member

It’s an old altura pannier cover I had that I adapted.

sandwicheater

Perfect, I’ve the same size bike/frame as you so an ideal example of scale.

Think I’ll order, good value entry.

alloyisreal

Does anyone know the weight of these?

sandwicheater

I’ll tell you when my one arrives.

iain1775
    Free Member

Mine arrived today
    Weight – 510g

No idea on how best to fit it to minimise wobble, it doesn’t look like it will be too secure, need to figure that bit out!
    Think the way it has been flat packed means it is all out of shape probably need to stuff it full of something to get back to it’s proper shape

alloyisreal

Thanks Iain! Might have to get one, or perhaps would it better to save up for an Apidura or similar?

iain1775
    Free Member

This will be fine for occasional use I imagine, if your going to be using it a lot I’d suggest getting something more rugged/waterproof
    For the price though it looks great

sandwicheater

Mine arrived today.

Looks OK build wise. As Iain says, just need to work out how to fit. Attachment to fit to the seat post but no straps to secure to the saddle. Will need to rig something.

iain1775
    Free Member

but no straps to secure to the saddle.

it does, they originate from some rubbery material on the top of the bag, other end of them ends in the triangular tab of material that has KTM written on it

inside there is a ‘hidden’ velcoed pocket, the plastic base panel that’s loose inside the bag fits in there and gives the bag its shape back
    Fitted and filled with my tent and sleeping mat and it looks okay, seem reasonably stable on the ‘wiggle bike from side to side in the garage test’

sandwicheater

@iain

Aaahhh, got it, thanks.

And would not have spotted that inside pocket, good shout, thank you.

david1lane
    Free Member

Hi, here is video for bag:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2AB0RbgFCU[/video]

damascus
    Free Member

My saddlebag less than 1 year on.

I’ve used this bag on 1 c2c ride (6 days) and 1 Road tour (2 days)

I’m just getting ready for another week tour and noticed this

This is the section that goes over the saddle rails and secures the bag. The stitching has failed so the bag wobbles side to side (even more than before!)

I contacted ktm and was offered a £10 discount on a new one but if they last this long I don’t want another one.

Currently waiting to hear about a warranty.

I’ve repaired it as best I can but am worried that it might fail again half way through a tour.

How are your bags getting on? Have I just been unlucky?

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Have you guy’s seen the Uraltour seat bag ? Similar in price. Considering one myself

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘KTM bike camping saddle bag’ is closed to new replies.